Newbie | help needed urgently

Hi guys. I am new to rclone.
I subscribed to a gsuite account to backup some stuff for myself.
Reading on what is the best option to backup big amounts of data to google drive from MacOS i came across Rclone. I installed it and uses the default steps form the website guide but i am facing a big issue and i cannot find the answer...I read some post here but still in my case i could not find the solution.
My problem is happening now on a second different computer.
Both computers have the system installed on an 512 SSD with Mojave installed on a apfs partition.
Everything installed on both computers is roughly 100gb. After i did synced some big folders to my google drive i noticed that my divers were almost full ( on both systems it shows me 60gb free disk space) .

How can i reclaim the space back and how i can prevent this in the future?
From what i understand rclone is making some caches? But where and how?
I scanned the drives with disk utils and other app and cannot find anything on the drive? No huge folder nothing...even from recovery mode. in user/.config/rclone i don`t have any folder just a .conf file.

Please help...Already on one of the computers because i needed to get work done i cloned the system to a different ssd , did a format and put the system back on but i want to avoid doing this again on the second computer and in the future.

Thank you guys in advance and sorry if somewhere this was answered already ...I could not find the topic and the small bits i found did not help me.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?
Filling my hdd with some kind of invisible cache.
What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)
rclone v1.51.0
os/arch: darwin/amd64
go version: go1.13.7
Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)
MacOS Mojave
Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)
Google Drive

Please fill the question template with the details.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

At a guess you left the : off the end of the remote. Can you paste the command you used?

@ncw is likely correct in his guess of your issue.

However, on MacOS the cache is located at:

~/Library/Caches/rclone

The command i used was: rclone copy --copy-links '/Volumes/DRIVE/FOLDER' gdrive:'FOLDER'

I searched all the folder including hidden ones and there is no rclone cache folder. also i check the size of all the folder in my root system and the total size is aroud 100gb....and still disk util and about this mac/ storage and also when i right click to get the info of my drive it shows only 60gb free

the files were uploaded correctly and the operation was finished but after the free space was 60gb..there there are no files on the disk to count for the missing space..

You can use rclone ncdu to help find where your local space has gone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.