New Quota Issue w/ Move

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I've had issues before when having to completely recreate a Plex/Emby/Jellyfin server and the library scans resulting in a 24-hour quota timeout. I have a new problem though. I decided to transfer a ton of new data (backed up a few classic sitcoms) and seem to be getting hit with the quota timeout on the transfer.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone version --check
yours: 1.46
latest: 1.58.1

NOTE: I am on a seedbox. They control which version is installed, not me.

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads
-->

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone move -P -v --stats-one-line seedbox:TVShows "remote:Plex Media/TVShows"

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[remote]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
service_account_file = 
token = {"access_token":"xxxx","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"xxxx","expiry":"2022-05-16T19:21:13.471839789Z"}
root_folder_id = xxxx
--------------------
Edit remote
** See help for drive backend at: https://rclone.org/drive/ **

Value "client_id" = ""
Edit? (y/n)>
y) Yes
n) No
y/n> n
Value "client_secret" = ""
Edit? (y/n)>
y) Yes
n) No
y/n> n
Value "scope" = ""
Edit? (y/n)>
y) Yes
n) No
y/n> n
Value "root_folder_id" = "xxxx"
Edit? (y/n)>
y) Yes
n) No
y/n> n
Value "service_account_file" = ""
Edit? (y/n)>
y) Yes
n) No
y/n> n
Edit advanced config? (y/n)
y) Yes
n) No
y/n> n
--------------------
[remote]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
service_account_file = 
token = {"access_token":"xxxx","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"xxxx","expiry":"2022-05-16T19:21:13.471839789Z"}
root_folder_id = xxxx
--------------------
y) Yes this is OK
e) Edit this remote
d) Delete this remote

A log from the command with the -vv flag

I can't figure out how to do this...

hi,

rclone is a portable app, just download it, then run it.

the max upload is 750GiB/day

to your command
add -vv for output to the command line
or
--log-level=DEBUG --log-file=/path/to/log.txt to log to a file.

1 Like

Oh...it's the daily limit that I was hitting! Never done that before. Is there any way for me to see where I am at with that limit currently? I might need to break this upload up over 2 or 3 days.

There's no way to see any of that unfortunately as Google doesn't provide any way.

You can either just upload till it fails each day and resume after it frees up. There's no harm/no foul on hitting the quota as it just resets.

I'd use:

Google drive (rclone.org)

and be done over however many days it takes.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I tried to add --drive-stop-on-upload-limit to my command, but I get an unknown flag error.

rclone move -P -vv --drive-stop-on-upload-limit --stats-one-line seedbox:TVShows "remote:Plex Media/TVShows"                                                                                                                                                                    
Error: unknown flag: --drive-stop-on-upload-limit                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
Usage:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 rclone move source:path dest:path [flags]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
Flags:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
--delete-empty-src-dirs   Delete empty source dirs after move                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
-h, --help                    help for move                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
2022/05/16 20:32:24 Fatal error: unknown flag: --drive-stop-on-upload-limit

You want to always download from rclone.org and never use a repo as they are not maintained / old versions.

Install (rclone.org)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.