Need help for setting the correct parameters

I am implementing a GUI (for MacOS) ontop of rclone. The GUI (RcloneOSX) is a port of a GUI ontop of rsync (RsyncOSX). Utilizing rsync I can get most of local and remote info in one go, see top screenshot.

My knowlegde about rclone is not as good and I need help to set the correct parameters… Both projects are on GitHub…

The output from rsync (top) and from rclone, the rclone output is by the --verbose and --dry-run param…

Looks interesting! I’m unclear as to what you want to know though?

By applying the rsync parameters --dry-run --stats to backup up my Picture catalog produces the following statistics in one run, the question is if there is similar parameters for rclone producing about the equal amount of data in one go… or does it requiere several runs of rclone with the approriate parameters?

Number of files: 7,386 (reg: 6,600, dir: 786)
Number of created files: 0
Number of deleted files: 0
Number of regular files transferred: 0
Total file size: 100,989,068,940 bytes
Total transferred file size: 0 bytes
Literal data: 0 bytes
Matched data: 0 bytes
File list size: 0
File list generation time: 0.003 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 144,100
Total bytes received: 880

sent 144,100 bytes received 880 bytes 289,960.00 bytes/sec
total size is 100,989,068,940 speedup is 696,572.42 (DRY RUN)

What do you want to know? What would happen if you do a sync, or just stats on the directory? if it is the latter then rclone size might be what you want. That has a --json output flag too.

What I need is one run only and get both statistics about number of files to be transferred and numbers remote… The rsync parameters for this is --verbose --stats --dryrun … As far as I understand rclone require at least two runs, rclone sync and rclone size …

As it stands at the moment, you’ll require two calls to rclone to do that. It would be possible for sync to return the total size and count for the local and the remotes somehow though, but that would need a new flag in rclone.

OK, thx for following up on this :slight_smile: I just have to wait and see if such a parameter is coming in future releases… executing two calls for rclone within RcloneOSX is doable, but makes code a little bit more complex… Anyway, thx for following up and a great tool…

I have updated the release candidate for RcloneOSX. Rclone is executed twice to get number of files to sync and remote info… This is a release candidate and not yet released…
Getting info from both dropbox and google cloudstore takes several seconds…