My use case:
- I use a local disk called data/local for temporary storage
- I use a /GD for my GD encrypted storage
- I write everything to a mergerfs mount called /gmedia which contains Sonarr/Radarr/Torrents/all my movies/TV shows. I do that as it will support hard linking for anything I download as long as it’s all on the same file system
- I do not sync my torrent folder to the cloud
I moved my scripts/commands/etc over to github repo to make things a bit cleaner and keep all my stuff there.
https://github.com/animosity22/homescripts - has all my current commands and I’m working on a readme to better explain my thought process.
11-JUL-2018 - Updated to remove cmount as my buffer size and vfs-chunk wasn’t working properly with cmount.
12-JUL-2018 - Added cmount back as adding in sync_read fixed the issue I was seeing. Works properly with cmount again.
14-JUL-2018 - I updated my buffer size as I have a 32GB with ~20GB of memory free to 2GB. This will allow me to easily serve 10 streams while my max concurrent is usually 6-7. I matched my buffer-size with my max chunk size.
15-JUL-2018 added the non cmount mount.
21-JUL-2018 - So with my gigabit, I found that 64M was a much better sweet spot for me. I lowered my buffer and increased my plex threshold to 900 seconds. I found that the buffer was just waste for me since everyone was transcoding remotely anyway (for my use-case). By increasing the min chunk size, I was able to reduce my API hits a lot and have noticed no difference in streaming or start times.
7-AUG-2018 - I updated the chunk size since I have a large link and ensured that the buffer size is smaller than the chunk size. Additionally to make things faster, I started to keep my .SRT (subtitles) local since they are tiny anyway by using an --exclude *.srt from my upload script that runs daily. Shared my use case and my thought process is setting up what I have.
11-AUG-2018 - I simplified my setup a bit to remove some of the compiling/other items and removed some items from my mergerfs that I think were causing some issues. For now until the buffer seek patch goes in, I left the buffer back to default.
19-AUG-2018 - Moved my items over to github to provide a better spot to keep track of things.
30-AUG-2018 - Converted all my mount to systemd and documented more items via my readme.