Moving new files witch cache encrypted

Hey fellas,

the new cache feature works great for me so far, no bans and streams work perfectly. But unfortunately I haven’t figured out how to move my files into the cloud so that they show up in my mount or Plex. Can any of you help me? I wasn’t so successful with the Google search and the forum. / Thank you very much in advance

my config:

[secretG]
type = crypt
remote = gcache:
filename_encryption = off
password = xxx
password2 = xxx

[Google]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
token = xxx

[gcache]
type = cache
remote = Google:Plex
plex_url = http://xxx:32400
plex_username = xxx
plex_password = xxx
chunk_size = 5M
info_age = 24h
chunk_total_size = 10G

mounting with

rclone mount --allow-other --cache-db-purge -v --log-file="/home/hd1/ttopxelp/rclonelogs/rclone.log" secretG: /home/hd1/ttopxelp/cloud-media/ &

With cache, is it safe to activate Update my library automatically , Run a partial scan when changes are detected or Update my library periodically

@remus.bunduc what is the best way of doing this? When we’ve worked it out we should probably add it to the docs because this is a popular question!

actually this is an ongoing topic - there is no proper solution atm.
until the google drive activity log is used by rclone, the only option for externally added content is a fairly small “–cache-info-age” or a manual cache invalidation via SIGHUP.

if possible, just upload your files through your rclone mount. This will also work with a long cache-info-age and thus gives you a better ban protection.

Frequently repeated scans in plex or other applications accesing your mount are still very likely to cause a ban. Try to import newly added content via the plex command line interface to only scan the new directories.

1 Like

Are those 2 separate items though?

I’m not sure why frequent scans would cause a ban as it’s just reading the cache? Does the entire cache expire based on the age? (I’m not saying I don’t believe, but I wanted to understand why so when that’s finally fixed, I can remove plexdrive from the equation).

well, rclone does not pre cache any information. If you scan the entire file hierarchy, it will generate a lot of request to your gdrive - quite possibly enough for a ban (depending on the size of your mount).

And yes, “cache-info-age” expires all meta info (and so does SIGHUP) , so a subsequent scan will again generate the same amount of requests. To make this worse, many tools do not only read the meta information but small portions of your files as well (video headers).

1. how do I mount with cache correctly, so plex could ply may files without getting banned? (config is the same as above)

rclone mount secretG: or rclone mount gcache:? When I mount with gcache: the files in the mount are encrypted (. bin)

1. how can I move my files with move command to see them in the mount again?

The way I did it before doesn’t work since 1.39 with cache anymore. :confused:

before:

rclone move -v /home/hd1/ttopxelp/media/1 secretG:/"TV Shows"

now with cache I tried:

rclone move -v /home/hd1/ttopxelp/media/1 gcache:/"TV Shows"

Error message I get when I do it like this

2018/02/13 17:30:21 INFO  : gcache: Cache DB path: /home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db
2018/02/13 17:30:21 INFO  : gcache: Cache chunk path: /home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache
2018/02/13 17:30:22 ERROR : /home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db: Error opening storage cache. Is there another rclone running on the same remote? failed to open a cache connection to "/home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db": timeout
2018/02/13 17:30:32 INFO  : gcache: Cache DB path: /home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db
2018/02/13 17:30:32 INFO  : gcache: Cache chunk path: /home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache
2018/02/13 17:30:33 ERROR : /home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db: Error opening storage cache. Is there another rclone running on the same remote? failed to open a cache connection to "/home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db": timeout
2018/02/13 17:30:33 Failed to create file system for "secretG:/"TV Shows"": failed to make remote "gcache:/Movies" to wrap: failed to start cache db: failed to open a cache connection to "/home/hd1/ttopxelp/.cache/rclone/cache-backend/gcache.db": timeout