Moving from Cache to VFS - Plex Streaming Recommended Settings

Anywho, seems this topic comes up at least once every two weeks :wink:

Here's some copypasta, courtesy of yours truly:

Here are the three batch files I use. The first one is a read-only mount, which stays up until I get a chance to update it with a newer (beta) version of Rclone. So, if no one is watching at the time, I do this about once a day:

@echo off
title Rclone Mount READ ONLY
D:\Programs\Rclone\rclone mount --attr-timeout 5000h --dir-cache-time 5000h --drive-pacer-burst 200 --drive-pacer-min-sleep 10ms --no-checksum --poll-interval 0 --rc --read-only --user-agent ******* -v Google_Drive_Crypt: G:
pause

Note the --rc flag, as that is necessary for the prime command to find the mount. And here it is:

@echo off
title Rclone Prime
D:\Programs\Rclone\rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --drive-pacer-burst 200 --drive-pacer-min-sleep 10ms --timeout 30m --user-agent
pause

I run the above about once a day, usually after all uploads are done and I'm about to run a Plex scan. Lastly, here's my read-write mount, which I use for moving things around after uploading:

@echo off
title Rclone Mount READ/WRITE
D:\Programs\Rclone\rclone mount --drive-pacer-burst 200 --drive-pacer-min-sleep 10ms --user-agent ******* -v Google_Drive_Crypt: F:
pause

2 Likes