Moved from Azure to Backblaze, but Rclone doesn't realize it?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Rclone won't copy local files to Backblaze B2. It fails with this error:

2023/08/23 00:20:00 Failed to create file system for "datacenter:mpwdatacenter/willowgrove/2023-08-23/": container name in SAS URL ("dnsserver") and container provided in command ("mpwdatacenter") do not match

I was previously using Azure to send my files to, but changed to Backblaze due to cost savings and because Azure stopped working suddenly and wouldn't accept any SAS authentication data. I verified my API keys are correct from B2 as well, and to be safe, even deleted the config for B2 within Rclone. I even removed Rclone completely from the system at one point, but it didn't seem to do anything to reset the config.

It's as if Rclone thinks I'm still using Azure to as the endpoint, but that's nowhere to be found in my config. I'm wondering if maybe it's cached somewhere? Can't seem to figure this out.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.63.1
- os/version: raspbian 11.7
- os/kernel: 5.10.103-v7l+ (armv7l)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: arm (ARMv7 compatible)
- go/version: go1.20.6
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Backblaze B2

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

sudo rclone copy /home/root/home-pi.tar.gz datacenter:mpwdatacenter/willowgrove/`date +"%Y-%m-%d"`/

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

{
    "datacenter": {
        "account": "REDACTED",
        "key": "REDACTED",
        "type": "b2"
    }
}

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2023/08/23 00:33:32 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.63.1" starting with parameters ["rclone" "copy" "-vv" "/home/root/home-pi.tar.gz" "datacenter:mpwdatacenter/willowgrove/2023-08-23/"]
2023/08/23 00:33:32 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "/home/root/home-pi.tar.gz"
2023/08/23 00:33:32 DEBUG : Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2023/08/23 00:33:32 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "datacenter:mpwdatacenter/willowgrove/2023-08-23/"
2023/08/23 00:33:32 Failed to create file system for "datacenter:mpwdatacenter/willowgrove/2023-08-23/": container name in SAS URL ("dnsserver") and container provided in command ("mpwdatacenter") do not match

run

sudo rclone config show

and post output here (remove secrets)

type = azureblob
account = mpwdatacenter
sas_url = https://mpwdatacenter.blob.core.windows.net/dnsserver?[REDACTED]

OK, WTH... no clue why that was stored when looking at the configs through sudo rclone config didn't show me an azureblob config. I removed the above with sudo rclone config delete datacenter and I'll set up the new config in a bit to test with B2.

Thank you for the direction!

rclone.config location in Linux is in $HOME/.config/rclone where $HOME for sudo is /root

To avoid confusion you can explicitly point rclone to specific config file using --config /path/to/rclone.conf flag.

Yup, that did it. Fixing my configs now. I think what happened is that at some point I ran sudo rclone config instead of rclone config and it messed me up.

Thanks for the solution!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.