Moved content doesn't show until I remount

When I run the move command from my seedbox to dropbox, it doesn't show in my mnt until I remount it. I have a setup where I have a local folder and remote folder and a merged folder. I move some content from the local folder to dropbox and it doesn't show until I remount. What is strange is they show straight away from the Rclone WebUI.

rclone v1.54.1

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.8

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Dropbox

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone move --transfers 6 --create-empty-src-dirs --delete-empty-src-dirs --fast-list -P "/home/seedit4me/mnt/local/disk.internal/medialibrary/Series" "dropbox:Series"

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[local]
type = local

[dropbox]
type = dropbox
client_id = Redacted
client_secret = Redacted
token = Redacted

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

Here is my mount command also if that helps:
rclone mount dropbox: ~/mnt/remote/rclone.dropbox/medialibrary --allow-other --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 96h --timeout 1h --umask 002 --daemon

Hi Daniel,

Did you try waiting 96 hours?

Hello Ole, What is strange is I have always used this command and recently changed from Google Drive to Dropbox and never had this issue with Google Drive?

I would expect the same to happen on Google Drive with the commands you have shown above.

Perhaps you had --rc added to your mount command and called something like this after your moves in Google Drive:

rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true ...

I've never seen that command, so it's not likely. Is there any downside to me removing --dir-cache-time 96h?

Depends on your typical usage, it will make rclone refresh the folder lists more often from Dropbox which may be experienced as delays, so it is a balance as always. I suggest you try 1h, that would be reasonable to me - the default is 5m (5 minutes).

My dilemma is that Plex is pointing to the merged folder, which as explained, is local and remote together, so whatever is moved from local to dropbox won't be visible in plex for x amount of time. I have a cronjob that runs at midnight each day. Is it possible to add a flag to the move command that will remount immediately after it's finished uploading?

Thanks for this help.

No, the trick is to run a command like the above immediately after the move.

Some of the other forum users know exactly how to tune a setup like yours, they will probably drop by later today.

Meanwhile try adding --rc to your mount command and then experiment with rclone rc vfs/refresh from another terminal, you can also find many posts about it if you search the forum.

That sounds great :grin:

I will test that out now. Do I still leave the --dir-cache-time 96h in the command?

Yes! You may even be asked to increase it when your move/refresh command is working and scheduled :grin:

Dropbox is a polling remote and I use a very large cache value.

That's a very old version and you'd want to update as there have been numerous fixes since then.

Share a log file after you copy a file and you'll see it checking for changes.

Hi matey, here is my current version info:

rclone v1.60.1
- os/version: ubuntu 18.04 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.4.189-1-pve (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.19.3
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

What mount command do you recommend? Do you think I should use what Ole suggested? So it will be:

rclone mount dropbox: ~/mnt/remote/rclone.dropbox/medialibrary -rc --allow-other --buffer-size 256M --dir-cache-time 96h --timeout 1h --umask 002 --daemon

And the command I'm using is move which is:

rclone move --transfers 6 --create-empty-src-dirs --delete-empty-src-dirs --fast-list -P "/home/seedit4me/mnt/local/disk.internal/medialibrary/Series" "dropbox:Series"

Thank you for your help.

Recreate the issue and share a debug log file from the mount.

Sorry I'm not fully aware on how to generate a debug log. Would I get that by running the move command with -vv flag?

Cheers.

Yep, -vv --log-file /some/location/rclone.log.

Hi mate,

Turns out the update to 1.60.1 fixed my issues. I'm using my original mount and move commands and everything is available straight away :slight_smile:

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.