Mounted drive doesn't show all files

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have mounted my cloud storage drive via crypt, but it only shows some of my files. It seems to show all of the folders but in some of them there are either zero files or one or two missing. I have the drive mounted in the same way with the same command on another computer and it shows all the files fine.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

NOT WORKING
rclone v1.53.3

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

WORKING
rclone v1.53.2

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.3

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

KDE Neon 5.20
64-bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive with encryption

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount gDriveCrypt: /mnt/gdrive

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

GNU nano 4.8                /home/adam/.config/rclone/rclone.conf                          
[gdrive]
type = drive
client_id = 341885372608-dvi66nvcpl6pk6k1mlfnctge82d1qu91.apps.googleusercontent.com
scope = drive
root_folder_id = 1FsYbuXXO7w4iwWBsc_iwkkGmRad1OzIh

[gDriveCrypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrive:/Encrypted
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2020/11/29 15:12:52 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "gDriveCrypt:"
2020/11/29 15:12:52 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/adam/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2020/11/29 15:12:52 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "gdrive:/Encrypted"
2020/11/29 15:12:52 DEBUG : fs cache: renaming cache item "gdrive:/Encrypted" to be canonical "gdrive:Encrypted"
2020/11/29 15:12:52 DEBUG : Encrypted drive 'gDriveCrypt:': Mounting on "/mnt/gdrive"
2020/11/29 15:12:52 DEBUG : : Root: 
2020/11/29 15:12:52 DEBUG : : >Root: node=/, err=<nil>

Can you share a log file on the mount that is missing file? There aren't any errors to show in that log.

There are almost no changes between these versions so I'd suggest that it is something to do with differences between the two computers.

Are the config files the same on both computers?

Yeah they were different but I copied the one that was working and same issue. Worth noting, on the machine that can see all files, I started a large copy command from a local directory to the rclone remote. Is it possible that this could have impacted it in someway?

Yeah that was the log of the mount that is missing files. No errors, seems to be fine but missing files...

On the 'not working' machine.

Please run a rclone ls with debug on the bad directory
Run a ls on a rclone mount debug on the bad directory

Include the full log files.

I believe my problem was I had started a "rclone copy.." command from the "working" machine, this meant it had the files locally but was still in the processs of uploading to the actual cloud drive. Because of that I could only see some files on the "non working" machine (the ones that had completed). Thanks for your help, I feel a bit stupid now, sorry for wasting any time!

1 Like

Scrap that. Or at least it's not the whole picture. I have a remote server torrenting files directly into the encrypted google drive mount. They reach 100%, everything looks good. But then in the actual mounted folder, the files don't exist (yet). I can however find them in the cache folder. SO I guess this is because i am using "--vfs-cache-mode writes"... So my questions:

1. is this the problem im facing (its downloaded to the cache on the server but hasnt completed uploading to the actual cloud storage)?
  2. Is it possible to torrent into a mounted cloud storage device without using VFS caching?

Need a logfile to answer that.

Cloud storage is a horrible use case for torrenting.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.