Mount not listing files, but Google Drive and lsf does

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

My linux filesystem (and the original rclone mount) will not show files in a directory. Google drive shows the files, so I know they are there. rclone lsf ... also lists the files.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.49.4-003-gb5ea6af6-v1.49-fixes-beta
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.12.10

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Debian 9 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

/usr/bin/rclone mount vault: /mnt/gvault \
--allow-other \
--attr-timeout 1000h \
--buffer-size 64M \
--dir-cache-time 1000h \
--log-level INFO \
--log-file /opt/rclone/logs/gvault-service.log \
--poll-interval 15s \
--timeout 1h \
--umask 002 \
--user-agent vaultapp \
--rc \
--rc-addr 127.0.0.1:5572

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

No errors logged in the last 2 days.

A reboot seemed to make the file listing complete, but I'd like to know why this occurred so i can fix it without rebooting.

You are using big timeouts here so relying on poll-interval for updates.

However there was a bug in poll-interval which was fixed in v1.50.x so I think that is probably the problem.

BTW I wouldn't set --attr-timeout - that allows the kernel to cache stuff without talking to the fuse filesystem.

Thanks Nick! I’ll adjust accordingly. (And probably update to the newest stable version. Got burned last time by updating to a version within an hour or two of its release.)

Rclone has integration tests and unit tests but there is always something that slips through... We need more people testing the beta :slight_smile:

I realize my comment may have been offsetting. I love this product and I happened to be a part of the one bug that made it through, which you promptly fixed.

Fear not, I wasn't upset by your comment! I was just hoping for more people to test the betas, that's all :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.