Meaning of numbers at the end of --progress output lines

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Would like to know meaning of the number at the end of each --progress output line. Sometimes there's nothing, sometimes a number of seconds, sometimes just a number. I couldn't find this in documentation of --progress

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

$ /opt/bb/bin/rclone --version
rclone v1.56.2
- os/version: redhat 7.9 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 3.10.0-1160.80.1.el7.x86_64 (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.16.8
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Amazon S3 compliant

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

/opt/bb/bin/rclone copy --transfers ${NUM_TRANSFERS} --checkers ${NUM_CHECKERS} source:${BUCKET} target:${BUCKET} --stats ${STATS_FREQ} --progress

Please run 'rclone config redacted' and share the full output. If you get command not found, please make sure to update rclone.

I do get command not found, but I can't update rclone right now. System managed.

A log from the command that you were trying to run with the -vv flag

Transferred:   ~   44.478Gi / 1.219 TiByte, 4%, 31.088 MiByte/s, ETA 11h39s
Transferred:          228 / 10240, 2%
Elapsed time:      25m0.0s
Transferring:
* bb810i.csv: 65% /860.411Mi, 10.694Mi/s, 28
* b38192.csv: 46% /971.073Mi, 10.725Mi/s,
* bq910i.csv: 82% /75.270Mi, 4.134Mi/s, 3s
* bF820i.csv: 61% /81.936Mi, 3.617Mi/s, 8s

You are using very old version of rclone from 2021.... Who remembers what issues it had.

Thanks for your reply. I asked management to upgrade rclone and I'll come back here when that happens (hopefully in less than a month). In the meantime, my question doesn't make sense for the latest version if that's what you are most familiar with? Thank you!

I have not seen it myself. So I expect some glitch with this old version (very old). Some truncated line, output formatting, etc.

And please understand nobody is going to go back to look at years old rclone to do archaeology exercise on some probably no more existing issues.

If you guys have to use ancient software - it happens and sometimes there are reasons - then you have to be prepared to troubleshoot it yourself.

Also very likely if you use v1.56.2 you will encounter tones of other problems...

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.