Log files to be deleted

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am running the following command as an example:
rclone sync /local/ pcloud:remote --exclude /exclude-dir/ --log-file $log --log-level INFO --max-delete 0 --delete-after

If any deletions are required, this halts the deletions and provides an error in my log file as such (example with 3 deleted files):

2019/11/06 ERROR : Got fatal error on delete: --max-delete threshold reached
2019/11/06 ERROR : Cancelling sync due to fatal error: failed to delete 3 files
2019/11/06 ERROR : pcloud root 'remote': not deleting directories as there were IO errors
2019/11/06 ERROR : Fatal error received - not attempting retries
2019/11/06 Failed to sync: failed to delete 3 files

Two things I would like to do (number 1 is far more important and my main reason for posting):

1. Output to the log the files that are to be deleted and breaching the threshold. Is this possible?
  2. These errors cause a fail to sync which means I do not get the INFO of total data transferred e.g.

2019/11/06 INFO :
Transferred: 0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -
Errors: 0
Checks: 42221 / 42221, 100%
Transferred: 0 / 0, -
Elapsed time: 51.9s

Is there a way to still get this info even with a fail?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.47.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.12.4

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

pCloud

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Not currently... However you could use rclone check to discover what they are.

That looks like rclone actually didn't transfer any data. It checked 42221 files were in the right place and didn't find any it needed to transfer.

Thanks Nick,

I will look at using rclone check to complete the 1st part.

As to the second part, sorry I was unclear, that is just an example of what is typically logged by the rclone sync. But if there is a max-delete error because the sync is considered 'failed' it does not log that status message.

I was wondering if I could get this to still be logged even if the sync was a fail.

This very simple script will create a differential list as ncw described above. You can use that list to sync/move/delete as you wish using --files-from

There are other scripts in the diffmove repo that will sync/copy the files. Simple enough to reverse the order and use delete.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.