Local remote home dir in config

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

local remote home dir cannt be chosen

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

local

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone ls local:

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[local]
type = local
nounc = true

Hello,
I need to upload huge file to network drive with unstable connection. My plan is to create a chunker remote on this network drive. As the first step I try to create local remote, that will be the base for chunker. I use Windows and rlone 1.56.0.
When I create local remote throug config I see no option to set network share as the home dir for it. Is it possible to do in config?
Currently local remote points to my windows user home dir instead of desired network drive so i see no option to create a chunker on network drive.
Any suggestons how otherway can I create a chunker remote on network drive?
Thanks.

Found a reply for changing local remote home dir - use alias remote

unfortunatelly, if I try to use chunker over this alias remote it still loos inside windows user home dir.

config:
[NetShare]
type = alias
remote = H:\import
nounc = true

[chunker]
type = chunker
remote = NetShare
chunk_size = 10Mi
hash_type = md5all

rclone.exe copy C:\Users\Vito\Downloads\exporttoShare\ chunker: -vv
2021/10/09 10:56:04 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.56.0" starting with parameters ["U:\work\rclone\rclone.exe" "copy" "C:\Users\Vito\Downloads\exporttoShare\" "chunker:" "-vv"]
2021/10/09 10:56:04 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "C:\Users\Vito\Downloads\exporttoShare\"
2021/10/09 10:56:04 DEBUG : Using config file from "U:\work\rclone\rclone.conf"
2021/10/09 10:56:04 DEBUG : fs cache: renaming cache item "C:\Users\Vito\Downloads\exporttoShare\" to be canonical "//?/C:/Users/Vito/Downloads/exporttoShare/"
2021/10/09 10:56:04 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "chunker:"
2021/10/09 10:56:04 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "NetShare"
2021/10/09 10:56:04 DEBUG : fs cache: renaming cache item "NetShare" to be canonical "//?/C:/Users/Vito/NetShare"

Missing : after remote name in chunker config.

Thanks a lot, it works now.

Great! It is an easy mistake to make: Without the colon, rclone treats the value as a local, relative path - in your case subfolder NetShare from your current working directory.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.