Little confused on backing up/moving a encrypted remote to another

I have google(encrypted) and dropbox(empty rn).

Reading backing-up-a-crypted-remote makes me assume i just need to use:

rclone sync -i google:/encryptedFiles dropbox:/copyOfGoogle

Then check hashes and such with:

rclone check google:/encryptedFiles dropbox:/copyOfGoogle

This is right correct? Wording on the wiki is a little confusing for me

Yes, you can copy between any remotes/local or combinations as it doesn't matter if the remote is encrypted or not.

1 Like

Wanted to ask since im going to start backups between my cloud services soon,

1. I just sync the files right? Like I dont need to make a new crypt directory? Just making an exact copy of the two folders?
  2. Then if i want to view my files from another computer of both cloud services, i just need to copy my rclone config?

Edit: also to add, getting the 403 ban from google but still able to upload to it. Are we able to upload to but still have to wait for a ban to pass to sync/copy between clouds? I only upload roughly less than 100gb a day

That's up to you and what you want to do. You can make an exact copy or you can use a new encrypted remote. Depends on what you want to do.

The rlcone.conf is portable and you can copy it anywhere. You can redo the config and as long as you use the same passwords/salts for the encryption, that's fine as well.

You don't get banned. You hit a quota for the day. You have to wait it out.

So after trying some stuff, I was able to still upload to google but when transferring from google to dropbox, it wouldnt let me and got the quota. I would think if i hit the quota, i wouldnt be able to upload then, no?

I don't know as there's no logs or anything to look at so it's a bit tough to guess.

There is a documented upload quota of 750GB per day. There are a few download quotas but none documented so it's tough to say.

Sorry this isnt an official structured help since it was originally a small question at first, but here is my log

Command using for this is from drive to onedrive just to see if that worked instead of dropbox but produced same effect

rclone sync drive:/WebRipKids/ onedrive:/Ripped/ --progress -vv

So it does seem like i did hit the quota but like i mentioned, i probably only upload 100gb> a day

That's only a log snippet so not sure what you ran :frowning:

Error 403: The download quota for this file has been exceeded., downloadQuotaExceeded

That means you hit a quota and without knowing all the stuff normally in the help template, it's hard to say.

Yeah i figured, here you go.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.55.1

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

• os/type: linux
  • os/arch: arm
  • go/version: go1.16.3
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Googlr Drive, OneDrive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[onedrive]
type = onedrive
token = {"access_token":"#
drive_id = #
drive_type = business

[drive]
type = drive
client_id = #
client_secret = #
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"#
team_drive = #

Here is another batch. It does that for all files and have to cancel before it takes forever.

But your log file says:

2021/07/10 07:15:45 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.2" starting with parameters ["rclone" "sync" "drive:/WebRipKids/" "onedrive:/Ripped/" "--progress" "-vv"]

You'd want to update to the latest version.

And it looks like your config, it's a team drive? The error looks like someone/you downloaded that file too many times and that's the error.

Oh crap, I thought I had updated rclone on this device already and opted in just copy and pasting from a previous post since theyre all the same. Oops.

Yeah google is a team drive. No one has access to the drive/links to the files either which is odd.

I just updated rclone to latest and still showing same issue. As Im uploading to drive, I would like to to also be syncing to onedrive/dropbox too.

Im uploading on one device and wanting to sync with another device. Is there a conflict between doing it at the same time? I also tried several hours after i did my uploading for the day and still had errors.

New Log

Would it be because im using googles bandwidth to transfer to onedrive or is it still using my local bandwidth to transfer between the two?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.