Let's create a collective GSuite Business account!

Actually you can go to admin.google.com (after clearing my cookies…)

1 Like

Alright, I think I made my little tour…

What I did :
Signed up to G Suite for teams with tom@domain.com entered credit card details (you can’t skip that part even for trial) and invited nick@domain.com to join the team.

Test 1 : tom is admin and nick is a team member.
tom can suspend nick anytime
tom can’t see nick’s drive, he can’t even know space usage or number of files uploaded
tom can prepay the account (10€ minimum instead of 8€ asked per user…)
nick can use his own drive
nick can ask tom to suspend another team member

Test 2 : tom named nick as an admin, they are both admins.
nick can add a credit card
nick can prepay the account with his card OR tom’s card (no CVV or anything asked)
nick can suspend tom anytime
nick and tom can’t see each other’s spaces usage or number of uploaded files

Test 3 : nick is a dickhead, he revoked tom’s admin rights just for fun
nick can terminate tom’s account anytime
nick can still pay with tom’s card which is still in the account payment option
nick can’t see tom’s card number without knowledge of CVV (but can pay the account with it!!!)
when nick terminates tom’s account, he can ask google to transfer the data on his drive (yep!)

Sooooo G Suite for business isn’t that bad for people like us (not knowing each other) G Suite for team seem to be quite a good option for friends though cause of the prepay option.

Personally I’d rather set up a monthly paypal transfer to a guy who’ll be my admin even if I don’t know that guy

2 Likes

Hey,
Thanks a lot for this great explanation of all possibilites and potential problems.
This will make so much easier to take decisions in group.
I just have one doubt concerning the account cancellation (dickhead scenario):
1 - Are you sure that tom can’t call google and ask em to delete his card? Also tom could call his credit card and ask to cancel this payement. This would be easy as 1,2,3
2 - what do u mean by asking google to transfer the data? The data will be transfer to where? And if there is an acccount cancelation tom wouldn’t be able to recover his data for a few days / months?
3 - you said nobody can see the amount of space used. is there a way where the admin could actually see? If he establish that as a rule?

@pedrosimao

1 - You surely can call google, I don’t know what they’ll do though, and of course you can cancel your card with your bank (which is often charged fyi). The thing is : by the time tom realize nick is a dickhead, probably overnight, nick could have prepaid the account with 10 000€ (which is the maximum at once). Good luck to tom to explain either to google or his bank that he has been kicked out of a group which goal is to get unlimited cloud space for cheap and that he personally didn’t trigger the payment…

-> that just gave me an idea as I was writing : you can request a virtual credit car with your bank, that would be an option, that way you wouldn’t be worried about your money. (I don’t know if this exists all over the world but you can di this over here in france) you would still be worried with your data though :

2 - when I terminated tom’s account with nick’s admin right, I could tick a box ‘transfer the data’ and so I did (thinking ‘no fucking way!’) and after a few minutes I could see tom’s drive’s content in nick’s drive. So tom could ask nick to send him his data but hey he is a dickhead ^^

3 - at first nope even with admin rights for both, looks like you can switch monitoring on if you confirm your domain (I didn’t confirm this one) but if you don’t nobody can’t know anything about other member’s drive

@Guigui
All credit cards have insurance associated to it. It is normally quite easy to get a refund or a cancellation if we call the credit card fast enough. You don’t need great explanations. Just tell that someone / a hacker has stolen the fu*** card. You don’t need any proof actually. I already got refunded many times. Once I was scammed and accidentally got a double refund (from paypal + the creditcard company) because I have called both to complain. And guess what, they never found out that I got double refund. I found it too good to be true, but it was actually what happened. So I ended up with some extra bucks in my pocket. + why would someone open 1000 Google accounts? That seems absurd. Finally if we are all admin, we can all see each others names and infos, and if someone fucks up, it would be easy to give the creditcard / police this person information. Finally the prepaid card seem like a good idea to me. Like this we would be 100% in control and no headaches with dickheads. The bad part is completely loosing access to data from day to night. This would be the part I am most worried about. We have to check with google if they keep a copy of Tom’s data, in case Tom calls google and say he needs to access his data again for some extra time.

Yeah I know about card insurance and stuff, try it with 10k€ and you’ll see the difference.

Regarding giving the police/bank the dickhead’s name : when signing up you can give any name you want, for exemple : Dick Head :smile: And the police don’t move that much when you ask them to find your stollen cellphone 2 blocks away so they’ll laugh at you when you’ll tell the guy is oversea.

And the main problem remains : you sign up with an email address attached to a domain so who’s the domain owner? How do you get in touch with google to rightfully claim your lost data if the domain owner delete your email address? (I already tried with @live.com or similar, google thought about it of course)

By the way, I’m the kind of person who easily trust others, I’m just trying to picture the worst case scenario here.

1 Like

1 - If we agree that everybody need to registered their own credit cards for the sake of payment we would know their real names, right? Or we can’t even see credit card names? Also I am not worried about people using stolen creditcards from the darknet. Come one, why a dickhead would be searching for forums on the net to find an opportunity to be a dickhead. People who are in this forum a reasonably understanding about the needs and issues concerning backups. Rclone is still a cli program and no real noobs use cli programs. People who use cli apps are more like caring about OpenSource, and sharing knowledge and so on. But I understand your paranoia. It would be great to make in a way that it is 100% safe for everybody involved.

2 - The domain name can be bought directly from the admin panel when we register the account. Like this the domain would also be owned by all admins, collectively.

Hey I was taking a tour of my G Suite for business trial, you can name more than one admin as well in G Suite for business.

Oh don’t get me wrong about paranoia, I’m just thinking about the possible cons, I’d be completely up to share a G Suite with anyone, that G Suite drive would be backed up anyway so I don’t mind even if I’m kicked out

Found something interesting @pedrosimao !!!

So in G Suite for business you can add other domain therefor other user@otherdomain.com
You can then name the new user as a superadmin, everybody can be superadmin so everybody can see if someone is ‘cheating’ (you can actually see the number of uploaded files, I don’t see any space usage). And you can also prepay the account!!! (minimum is 10€ so everyone would pay every 2 month)

I just tried with 2 unused domain, it works like a charm!

PM me if you want to give it a try

Not trying to rain on your parade, but admin means one can create a service account for APIs with unlimited powers on the domain (aka impersonate any user). I think encryption is mandatory unless you don’t care about your data being accessible by another admin (although I believe all is traced, I need to check).

Many people here were trusting random Chinese ebayers to be the admins so I think backups and encryption are a given. Now if looking at and removing your data isn’t so much a danger (or considered acceptable) the only way the admin could “cheat” (apart from taking 10 dollars or euros and giving you nothing in return) would be to use considerably more than the “policy” set for the other members. Frankly I don’t know how much I’d be bothered. I would assume the admin just like me wants to keep it under the radar. Yes, it is easier for him to cheat but his time-investment is also larger.

1 Like

Hey, can’t PM you, but i could be interested in a gsuite account, since ACD don’t work anymore, and my gsuites.org been banned :slight_smile: (ps: from France too)
Do someone know the risks of bans and data loss with this kind of gsuite for business sharing ?

TOS are the same for the entire G Suite offer but a paying account with 5 people under the name of a real company is less likely to be spotted than a not paying edu one with 3000 accounts sold publicly on eBay.

Unless your using the built-in share option in your drive over a copyright protected unencrypted file, you can be pretty confident in your data’s safety I’d say

I don’t think discussion on how you can bypass Google’s ToS should be discussed in this forum. This is just as bad as the eBay guys selling the accounts.

This is different than the ebay violations. People here are paying their fair share ($10 a person). The ebay seller was being granted an unlimited org/edu and then profiting on each user sale. Whats being discussed here is simply forming collective groups which I believe is okay since each account will be paying for each account unlike the ebay ones. Google themselves even push a group that doesn’t have a domain to ‘buy one’ and form a google team.

2 Likes

Exactly, the discussion is actually more about “how to NOT break G’s ToS” in order to prevent any ban and/or data loss.

I was just reminding @NaxwaK that sharing a copyright protected file is a ban trigger, no matter you’re on G Suite edu/team/business/whatever because he asked about sharing.

If he was talking about sharing the account, this is explicitly allowed in G’s ToS and even encouraged as @calisro said.

1 Like

HAHAHA this is the best insight ever!

What do you use as your primary?

Yeah, except the people who upload to youtube generate revenue for Google through advertising, and people who don’t seem to comprehend encrypting 30tb of data without using something that allows for deduplication like convergent encryption leads to high cost and unsustainability of a cloud storage business model.