Let's create a collective GSuite Business account!

I want to make it look like a legit business.
I have an old .ca domain name and hosting for it.
Just easier to limit it to Canadians only so it looks real.

I had the same idea.
Are there other 4 italian people interesting in making a small group?
If there is someone please PM me.
Thanks.

Doing the same over here with a .fr domain, 4 unlimited account available ^^
PM me if interested :wink:

Why arenā€™t you guys teaming together instead ? Itā€™s not like country matteredā€¦ As far as I can tell 10$CAD is cheaper than 8ā‚¬+VAT :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Got one account running in this currency.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got a company so I donā€™t pay VAT and I have .fr .eu .be unused domain for it, just to be sure to stay below the radarā€¦

And actually ā€˜where is your company locatedā€™ is the first question they ask you when you sign up

They donā€™t really care with regard to company. I signed up with a dummy name just fine. Got some legacy Google Apps free accounts from back in the day, never heard anything from Google except that it works (but with 15GB per accountā€¦). About domains, .ovh is 1ā‚¬ :slight_smile: The only drawback of account sharing is that youā€™ve got to trust the superadmin, and without knowing the person, hard sell.

Itā€™s just in case they wanna lock my account, Iā€™ll provide them legitimate paperwork proving I really have a company under that name and if they ask me why I have TBā€™s of crypted stuff Iā€™ll tell them itā€™s customers backup (which is a service I actually charge for, I donā€™t put customerā€™s stuff on the cloud though)

Iā€™m just tired of uploading my plex library every week lately (ACD right before rclone got banned, got a gsuites.org account 3 days after which got banned like literally 2 hours after the complete plex scan) and funny enough, the goal of putting my plex library in the cloud is to clear my 6TB nas in order to provide backups to my customers hahaha

Oh and : trust is the drawback of humanity my dear

They also have these team accounts which attach to your existing email. Its the same price ($10) and has same 1TB listed under 5 users.... I'd venture a guess that you don't have to 'trust' an admin with this as the accounts appear to be separate yet share resources.

idk if rclone needs a tweak to work with it though.

Sh*t I missed that when I was reading about G Suite

The reason they care is they want it tied to a person because of SPAM concerns. Thats why the above ā€˜teamā€™ pricing excludes gmail.

Hmmmm looks like itā€™s one drive for everybody with the team thing

1 Like

I dont knowo. I may be wrong but I think you can create team drives but I think its also storage for yourself (same as gsuites for business). There is a trial. Someone should give it a whirl.

idk what this means here though: ā€œSave all your work files in a single, secure drive with unlimited cloud storage. Instantly share any file without sending large attachments over email.ā€

Err, Guigui, your personal NAS will end up backing up customer data? Sans dĆ©conner :wink: And crypted is crypted, so if itā€™s safer in somebody elseā€™s computer (aka the cloud), why not ? Put one copy on ACD (drivesink, acd-cli, rclon^W ā€¦) and the other on Gdrive and youā€™re done.

Exactly!
300+hours of data is uploaded to YT every minuteā€¦
Thatā€™s 1.7 PB a day if a video has a bitrate of 10mbit http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=2460300+hour+at+10mbit%2Fs

If they can store that much and still make profit, I donā€™t think our 10-20-30TB is a problemā€¦

This is why G Suite is a better option than ACD. (yet, I am still with ACD :slight_smile: )

Yup as a primary target (itā€™s a 4x2To raid 5 now, Iā€™ll make it safer 5+1 I think) itā€™s then replicated locally externally stored elsewhere, then in ACD and GDrive and 2 different hosters around the world. I can promise youā€™ll recover your data even after WWIII :wink:

@calisro Thatā€™s what I was referring toā€¦ Somewhere else (faq) they talk about separate drives thoughā€¦
One great thing about G Suite for teams, you can prepay the account thus you donā€™t have to worry about whoā€™s paying the entire subscription and how are the others reimbursing the admin, and you can name more than one admin (everyone can be)

Whoā€™s up for a trial?? Iā€™m signing up right now

Iā€™m interested in hearing how it works. Let us know.

It was toooooo beautiful to be true!

So, you canā€™t skip the payment step, you have to put your card number right from the start. And you canā€™t add other users from different domain than the first one. (whatā€™s the point then???)

And you canā€™t even log in admin.google.com (it says you canā€™t log in with a gmail account)

So itā€™s just a castrated version of G Suite for business.

At least itā€™s one Drive per personā€¦

Howdy,

[quote=ā€œGuigui, post:36, topic:2439ā€]
you can prepay the account thus you donā€™t have to worry about whoā€™s paying the entire subscription and how are the others reimbursing the admin, and you can name more than one admin (everyone can be)[/quote]

This sounds really good: everyone can chip in directly at the account, and if someone fails to, he/she can be booted and a new member sought out, so thereā€™s not much ā€œdiscontinuanceā€ risk going forward.

Iā€™m interested on how that works too, please keep us posted.

Cheers,
ā€“ Durval.

Itā€™s for existing businesses without a domain. But since there is no admin tool, it still may be better because the ā€œadmin"didnā€™t need to be"trustedā€. Just create a domain on Google domains and then sign up for the teams version after forwarding email addresses to participants.