Issues with "union"

Seems on a very quick read back that maybe one of my messages didn't get through. But my eyes are tired now after the day. I [thought I] had indicated I'd implemented your suggestions concerning the single union and single crypt. I then started it re-running when it was less clear about Chunker, as after rebuilding/erasing the existing crypt I need to get some stuff backing up. There's a lot to do... So it leaves the chunker "not operational" [or used] and I've your notes from that. So my intention is to put that into operation and change the synch's destination [I guess] to the chunker rather than crypt [one reason for not doing it today is everything is tired and I didn't want to make even more errors]. Maybe I get up and stop the sync and do the final bit [chunker] in the morning. Rest assured, I prefer four wheels driving efficiently than three wheels wobbling all over the place.

So to check, to use your examples:

[onedrive-union-crypt]
type = crypt
remote = onedrive-union:
password = xxx
password2 = xxx
filename_encoding = base32768

[onedrive-union-crypt-chunker]
type = chunker
remote = onedrive-union-crypt:chunk
chunk_size = 500Mi
hash_type = sha1all
name_format = *.rcc###

If you had synched to a directory onedrive-union-crypt:ABC, is it correct to then sync to the chunker direct onedrive-union-crypt-chunker:ABC and it "rewrites" if necessary to the correct ABC directory in the crypt? Must confess being very tired it is now confusing. Of course I can test, but then if the error comes later rewinding is different.

Looking at this thread, for example, seems to give two solutions all different: Encrypted chunker - #10 by thestigma

So I'll happily take your guidance on your given example and then where to "sync" to so at the end of the day the data is stored in the equivalent of remote-crypt:ABC [directory off the "root"] and chunking if necessary.

Will look at this tomorrow now. Back to bed :slight_smile:

1 Like