Is it possible to connect to google photos

Hello, Do anyone now if it possible to sync, copy etc… with google photos ?
i’m trying to sync my Nas with google photos. and my nas runs on freenas.
anyone here have a clue ?

short told… i want to copy my google photos to my nas…
and they are all listed in google drive under google photos

Just copy them. :slight_smile:

SRCDIR=“google:/Google Photos”
DESTDIR="/data/Google Photos"
rclone
-v
sync “$SRCDIR” “$DESTDIR”

yeah if i want them to my computer… but i want them on my NAS… who is running FreeNas

Its a NAS, cant you just point the destination to your nas share? I assume it has NFS. Or even better doesn’t rclone run on freenas?

thats what i’m trying to find out… how to run rclone on freenas… i think freenas is build on freeBSD or something

Ok. Sorry. Misunderstood your question. :wink:

Just create a Jail on FreeNAS, mount your storage to the Jail (all from FreeNAS GUI). Next SSH into the jail and download Rclone. https://doc.freenas.org/9.3/freenas_jails.html

You can also have it directly on your FreeNAS drive but it’s not recommended. To do this you must make the drive FreeNAS is running from read/write, download Rclone and copy it to /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin and make the drive read only again. The jail approach should be prefered anyway since everything on the FreeNAS boot drive may be lost after the next update/upgrade.

I used this to upload a lot of stuff with rclone. At the moment I copy my stuff to a big flash drive first and upload from a Raspberry. Less power consuming and noise free for larger upload.