Is a crypted GDrive mount possible on Coreelec/Libreelec?

Please excuse me as I’m quite new to all this so my understanding is not excellent yet - I am trying to work out if what I am setting up can be made to work reliably? I have got up and running with Coreelec on a Minix Neo U1 and gotten as far as mounting my GDrive to ‘/var/media/GDrive’ - the library updated successfully for both Movies and TV (I have <1TB currently but I expect this to grow if I can get this working). The issue I am running into is that streaming is not stable - videos start and I get maybe up to 5 minutes before Kodi either stops or tries to buffer unsuccessfully.

My content is 1080p currently (of various bitrates ranging from HDTV to Remuxes) as this is the highest quality I expect to be using for some time (no 4K needed and I don’t want to go down the route of Plex and transcoding as my connection should be sufficient for this).

A few basics about my setup:

Hardware: Minix Neo U1 running Coreelec 8.95.4.2 - 2GBRam/S905/32GB Samsung SD card
Connection: 200Mb/20Mb
Rclone: GDrive -> Cache -> Crypt

• Mounted to /var/media/GDrive using system.d service.

I think where it’s failing is in the mount settings. I have tried using various mount options that I’ve seen whilst researching and switched between trying cache and vfs but I am having varying results which usually end in failure during streaming. Has anyone had any promising results getting this type of setup working or could point me in the right direction? Happy to gather any further information that would be useful, I just don’t know yet how and/or what would be useful.

Just in case someone ever comes looking and wants to do something similar…

I did eventually piece enough together to build a suitable mount which works on this hardware both reliably and quick. I ditched the cache and experimented with vfs. Below is a copy of my current mount configuration from the system.d folder. I have this set up with Kodi configured to cache data into the RAM quite quickly to reduce any possibility of buffering (I have a fast enough downstream for this) and this has been working well for some months now.

[Unit]
Description=RClone Mount
Requires=network-online.service
After=network-online.service

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /var/media/GDrive
ExecStart=/storage/bin/rclone mount
–allow-other
–buffer-size 256M
–config /storage/.config/rclone/rclone.conf
–dir-cache-time 24h