Invalid dropbox team member

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

A novice here so go easy on me.

-> $ rclone mount dropbox: /00.STORAGE/dropbox --config /etc/rclone/dropbox.conf --verbose
2021/02/09 17:03:48 Failed to create file system for "dropbox:": invalid dropbox team member: "pet@mac.uk": Error in call to API function "team/members/get_info": Your app is not permitted to access this endpoint because it does not have the required scope 'members.read'. The owner of the app can enable the scope for the app using the Permissions tab on the App Console.

Above happens with "impersonate" include in config, without it the "mount" cmd just wait, hangs and wait....

"config" went fine I believe as I got "success" returned with the token.
The error message is possibly meaningful but I thought before I go ahead and do something silly or even stupid, I should consult experts here. (especially that those errors I could not find mention of)
Dropbox account is of "business" type.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3-DEV

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Centos Stream

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Dropbox

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[dropbox]
type = dropbox
client_id = asdfsdadfaf
client_secret = adfadadadf
token = {"access_token":"sdfadadfadfadfadf","token_type":"bearer","expiry":"0001-01-01T00:00:00Z"}
chunk_size = 128M
impersonate = pet@mac.uk

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

hello and welcome to the forum,

in the dropbox website, perhaps tweak the scope settings for the app.
"The owner of the app can enable the scope for the app using the Permissions tab on the App Console."

when you created the rclone remote, what did you choose for
https://rclone.org/dropbox/
" Choose the type of access you want to use => Full Dropbox or App Folder"

easier to test with rclone ls before trying rclone mount

I went for "App Folder".
BTW. I think many wish that "doc/howto" could use and update.

That really is the beauty of open source. If you have changes to help yourself/others, please go ahead and submit them.

That is a great How To:

Sure, I might give it a try, when and if I know exactly what I'm doing and what I did is working & solid, only then a "howto" could be made out if that.
If you are not going to make something solid! better do not waste your and others time - I like to execute this simple thought everywhere possible.

I see that in my "App console", in "permissions" what rclone wants - members.read - is missing.
Why would that be anybody knows?
My guess is that my account being a part of an "org" is on a crap kind of level, that's my guess. If I might be correct though - anybody from own experience can say this might be worked-around or in some other way fixed?
many thanks, L.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.