Inode usage maxed out

I’m using netdata to help monitor my system (a Hetzner dedicated) and have noticed that it’s giving me warnings about inode usage from my Plex mount… is this normal because of the way fuse/rclone works, or is something wrong and needs fixing? I have noticed that new files are not always getting added to Plex unless I reboot… could this be the cause and the reboot is freeing up enough just to add the file?

Any help would be appreciated… even if just confirming it’s normal!

To confirm set up:
Ubuntu 17.10 (4.13.0-32 generic)
rclone v1.39-149-g442334ba
Plexdrive 5.0.0
UnionFS joining plexdrive (rclone crypt) with local folder


Hmm, could you please make a new issue on github about this.

I started a mount and I see

$ df -i /home/ncw/mnt/tmp
Filesystem         Inodes      IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
local:/tmp/big 1000000000 1000000000     0  100% /home/ncw/mnt/tmp
$ df -h /home/ncw/mnt/tmp
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
local:/tmp/big  1.0P     0  1.0P   0% /home/ncw/mnt/tmp

Which is not what I expect - I expected to see IUsed=0 so there is a bug somewhere…

This explains your problem…

I don’t think it will actually cause you any problems though!

Will do. I suspect it’s not causing me the issues… I think that’s something else. But will certainly create a bug report for this one!


1 Like