Incorrect ("frozen") average transfer speed displayed?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

For a long time now (months?), the average transfer speed (across all uploads, not for a single file) displayed with -P has almost-but-not-literally always been getting "frozen" at some point. The ETA (again, across all uploads) gets frozen along with it.

For example, right now, I'm in the process of uploading about 110 GB, and have been doing so for hours. I've only got about 10 GB to go, and by looking at the transfer rates of the individual files, everything seems as I would expect - i.e. they're uploading at the speed I would expect, and have been at every point in time when I've checked them (many times, over the course of hours). But the average transfer rate and total ETA are frozen at "0 B/s, ETA -", and have been that consistently over a long period of time.

It is not the case that when it freezes, it always freezes at 0 B/s. It might freeze at seemingly any random speed. Like, I've seen it freeze for hours at exactly (say) 1.932 MiB/s, gone to sleep, checked it again in the morning, and it's still exactly 1.932 MiB/s. Despite the fact that "1.932 MiB/s" is unrelated to the actual -- and varying -- rate at which data is actually being updated.

I should also mention that I often run two or more uploads simultaneously, as I am doing right now. I don't know whether or not this is related to the issue I'm seeing. For what it's worth, at the moment, the other upload is not suffering from this problem - i.e. the average transfer speed / ETA is updating rapidly in real time.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.62.2-DEV

  • os/version: freebsd 13.2-release (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 13.2-release (amd64)
  • os/type: freebsd
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.3
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Usually Google Drive, but I use a bunch of different ones. Not sure whether or not the problem is specific to Google Drive.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy . GSuite:Restic -P

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

relevant parts:

type = alias
remote = Raw-GSuite:Amalgamated

type = drive
client_id = <redacted>
client_secret = <redacted>
scope = drive
token = <redacted>
team_drive =

A log from the command with the -vv flag

(will try to remember to preemptively try to get an example at some point... right now I'm in the midst of some big uploads, and (as usual) hadn't set them to verbose)

The answer will most definitely be in the log file.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.