Inclusion of special characters in config name

I wasn't aware of this possibility. This is much better than the direct install, as I don't have to worry about possible issues if any arise.

How do I run the beta version once in the folder?

I have opened a PowerShell window within the beta folder and ran the rclone version command, but the version still shows the stable version number.

Try

./rclone version

Tried it. Error popping up.

Error:

Program 'rclone.exe' failed to run: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.At line:1
char:1
+ ./rclone version
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
At line:1 char:1
+ ./rclone version
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ResourceUnavailable: (:) [], ApplicationFailedException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandFailed

I haven't added the beta version to the path. Using rclone.exe on the terminal.

Did I use the wrong version?

Wrong architecture, perhaps?

Which one did you download? I assume you need this one:

https://beta.rclone.org/branch/remote-name-ext/v1.62.0-beta.6693.038099fde.remote-name-ext/rclone-v1.62.0-beta.6693.038099fde.remote-name-ext-windows-amd64.zip

maybe you download the ARM64, not AMD64

rclone version
rclone v1.62.0-beta.6693.0272d4419
- os/version: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 21H2 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 10.0.22000.1335 Build 22000.1335.1335 (x86_64)
- os/type: windows
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.20rc3
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: cmount

Solved the problem. It seems speaking out loud and reading what I wrote on the forum helped me :joy:

I had the wrong architecture downloaded. The naming works now.
I will try a few tasks and see if anything goes wrong.

Yep, it was that.

Does the GUI work with the beta?

The browser seems unable to connect to the beta version of the GUI command. (Nevermind, I solved that as well :melting_face: It seems my machine wants me embarrassed in the community).

well, lol, after all, you did disrespect your own machine in public.
having downloaded ARM64 instead of AMD64

what is next? trying to download 32BIT instead of 64BIT :wink:

No wonder :upside_down_face:

@albertony I am currently testing the build and updates so far:

• Naming of config works flawlessly (@ and +).
  • No problems with different naming configurations.
  • GUI will need work as there are still some bugs;
    Space doesn't work (odbus - user@example.com is not allowed, but odbus-user is allowed)
  • Still working on trying out different tasks; no bugs so far on copy and lsd commands (on google drive remote).

I will update you further when I have completed the testing (or when I think I have completed it :melting_face:).

Sounds good, thank you for testing!

Regarding the GUI; that is a developed in a separate project, so maybe you can create an issue there:

No problem. Happy to help out.

I guess we can pass the GUI bug for now, as the terminal functionalities are airtight. Also, since the GUI is pretty new, a lot can be improved in the future as well :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.