In shared-with-me, is there a way to filter by email ID of those who shared?

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Rclone is freaking good. The server-to-server transfer feature just rocked my world when I had to move a very large set of files to my own google drive. But herein, lay the rub. There are two things I wanted (wish?) to achieve. There are a couple of users who share files with me and it would be best if I could routinely run the rclone copy to ensure I maintain a backup on my own drive of the files shared.

To do this, I ran the rclone copy command - the catch is I got all the files that have been historically shared with me ..

I am wondering if there is a way to filter based on who has shared those files with me and also do incremental copy or sync of those files in a pre-scheduled manner.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

\\\ rclone copy myshareddrive: --drive-shared-with-me :myshareddrive::destinationdir --drive-server-side-across-configs --drive-stop-on-upload-limit --fast-list -P

Thank you. I am sharing the command I used above, in case others too find a use for this. I struggled a bit to get it right

I doubt it is possible today. But you should read through Google drive API - it might be doable. Then ideally post PR with implementation.

If you only find how to do this it would be one step forward to implement it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.