Im being nuts... Please help me!

I have read alot on this forum, but i cant get it to work.
My head feels like a bomb right now :slight_smile:
My google drive have workt great for along time, now when i have reach 10TB i got google api ban when adding movie to plex or make a full scan. So i want to try plexdrive because rclone cache gave me a ban to :slight_smile:
My google is named as google_encrypt: and it’s mounted on /media/google/
i have setup plexdrive as setup guide shows. When i mount plexdrive to /media/plexdrive i only see my google drive with crypted folders and files.

How should i mount everything? Please please. Explain with my names (google_encrypt / /media/google)
Thank you so much…

Well, I have far more than 10 TB and can still upload to the 750 GB per user limit every day. Can you double check the ‘api ban’ and give us more information? Google does not ban you, because you have 10 TB.

I have read here: New feature: CACHE
That there some known issues like:

cache and crypt

One common scenario is to keep your data encrypted in the cloud provider using the crypt remote. crypt uses a similar technique to wrap around an existing remote and handles this translation in a seamless way.

There is an issue with wrapping the remotes in this order: cloud remote -> crypt -> cache

During testing, I experienced a lot of bans with the remotes in this order. I suspect it might be related to how crypt opens files on the cloud provider which makes it think we’re downloading the full file instead of small chunks. Organizing the remotes in this order yelds better results: cloud remote -> cache -> crypt

You can give cloud remote -> cache -> crypt a chance and tell us the outcome.

Thanks for reply.
I was typing wrong, i havent upload 10TB, i have 10TB with movie and serie that has to be checked.

I have read alot of doing cloud remote -> cache -> crypt but i dont know how to do it.
This is my rclone.conf:

[google_encrypt]

type = crypt
remote = google:
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = [some code]
password2 = [some code]

[plexdrive]
type = cache
remote = google_encrypt:
plex_url = http://127.0.0.1:32400
plex_username = my plex username
plex_password = [some code]
chunk_size = 5M
info_age = 24h
chunk_total_size = 80G
plex_token = [some code]

[google]
type = drive
client_id =
client_secret =
service_account_file =
token = {“some code”}

This is my mount script i use:
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --allow-other google_encrypt: /media/google/ &
/usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --allow-other plexdrive: /media/plexdrive/ &

/usr/bin/plexdrive mount -c /root/.plexdrive -o allow_other /media/test/ & <— Mount is ok, but it only shows crypted files

I use crontab to call the script at boot /root/mount.sh
Regards

I’m sorry. I have no experience with crypt + cache + plex, but I am sure, someone can help here sooner or later.

Hmm I am new to this also but I notice you have your cache remote pointing to your encrypt remote.

The way I have mine setup is this:

remote 1: [google]
remote 2: [plexdrive] which points to the remote [google]
remote 3: [google_encrypt] which points to the remote [plexdrive]

I think this is the better way of doing according to the cache page on this site?

You mounted crypt directly on drive which essentially will tell Google Drive to download ALL the file on every read instead of the tiny data that Plex needs for a typical scan. This does result in being throttled and them temporarily banned from using the API for a short period of time.

Follow the documentation:

[drive]
[cache] -> [drive]
[crypt] -> [cache]

Make sure to use the last version too. It has a lot of new fixes and features