I made a mistake in the rclone config, how do I go back and change it?

sorry I made an error I tried again and still the same issue though

C:\rclone>rclone copyto C:\Users\xxxxxxxx xxxxx\Desktop\media\film.avi secret:/media/film.avi -vv
2020/06/02 18:40:32 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.52.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "copyto" "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx" "xxxx\Desktop\media\film.avi" "secret:/media/film.avi" "-vv"]
Usage:
rclone copyto source:path dest:path [flags]

Flags:
-h, --help help for copyto

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.
Command copyto needs 2 arguments maximum: you provided 3 non flag arguments: ["C:\Users\xxxxxxxxx" "xxxx\Desktop\media\film.avi" "secret:/media/film.avi"]

rclone copyto "C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\Desktop\media\film.avi" "secret:/media/film.avi" -vv

Ok sorry I didn't realise I needed the quotes! It worked and the file is on the gdrive now!

we need get plex to see the crypt.

now install http://www.secfs.net/winfsp/rel/

I am doing it now, its taking a while

when you first posted, you should have been asked a bunch of question, that you did not answer.

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

I am using windows 10 64 bit

the install of winfsp 2020 is just hanging by the looks of it

winfsp is a quick easy install,

what makes you think the install is hanging?

ok think its installed now I hadn't selected the componants to be installed, sorry my brain is a bit fried, this isn't my usual sort of thing!

I found this guide: https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/

I followed it and now I can see the encrypted drive on my pc as a drive.

great to hear that!

Do you know how I get plex to see the encrypted drive? I tried to select the encrypted drive as a library in the plex media server on my pc and it can add it but it doesn't see any of the files, which I imagine is because they are encrypted? So I think I need to do something else to make it work with plex but I don't know what to do next!

Is there a guide on how to do that? I did try a search but came back to the cache beta page which you said I should avoid.

I will need to go offline now as I have family stuff to take care of tonight but I will come back tomorrow and try again to get this sorted. I really, really appreciate your help with this and the time you have spend replying to me when I am so clearly clueless!

what is your mount command?

you need to have plex use whatever drive letter you used in your mount command.

Hello!

Thanks for all your help yesterday. It seems to be working now, not sure why it didn't work last night, I reinstalled plex so perhaps that helped. I used the rclone mount guide above to mount the remote crypt to my pc as the x drive so like this:

rclone mount secret: X: and it showed up under this pc in windows as another drive secret (X:).

I was then able to add the folder with my test media to plex as a new library and then the test media appeared in plex. It took about 20 seconds to load up and I'm guessing the lag is due to the encryption. Another odd thing is that the film was only 12 minutes long but showed on plex as being 2 hours long - not sure why that is or if it is important. I tried it directly from the drive unencrypted and it streamed much faster and with no errors in its runtime as displayed in plex.

I do have some other questions such as how to keep my remote crypt mapped to my pc after I reboot so that I don't have to map it manually every time I want to use it and also how to best upload and organise files and folders within the crypt, can I upload whole folders at a time?

I also wonder is it possible to have more than one drive mapped at a time?

Anyway, I will do some reading and see if I can figure it out. Again I really appreciate your help Asddfdsa / Jojo.

glad you got it working

you can have as many rclone mounts as you need.

if everything is working, you can access x: using windows explorer.
so you can upload using that.
or you can use

you can have run rclone as system start-up using task scheduler.

Hi, Yes it is working which is amazing! I can just copy into the x drive and it shows up encrypted in my gdrive! It then streams back to plex great!

I am now trying to set up the task scheduler so that that X: will just be there on start up but I am struggling. Could you post exactly what you have in the actions box?

to test if the task works, you can run it via task scheduler.
you do not need to reboot each time
you might want to add this flag, as it can speed up uploads to the mount.
--vfs-cache-mode=writes

Thanks for that, I still can't get it to work, do I need to put something in the rclone folder for it to work?

Here are some screen shots of my task scheduler set up, perhaps you can see where I'm going wrong?

For trigger I just selected at start up.

rclonefolder

I included my rclone folder so you could see if something is missing?

Also do I add the flag to rclone via the cmd or to task scheduler?

Sorry again for this, I have used task scheduler before for auto shutdown at a set time but nothing like this.

• post you batch file
  • you seem to be re-using what i posted, such as the program name and start in folder, is that intentional?
  • you can look up the error code yourself. 0x8007010B
    https://www.networkinghowtos.com/howto/task-scheduler-error-code-0x8007010b/
  • your command will not work as start-up, as you have 'run only when user is logged on'
  • why are you using blackout to hide the username? it should be set to system.

Hi thanks for replying, how do I get the batch file, is it from rclone?

Sorry I didn't even see the error code, I will look it up.

Yeah I am reusing what you posted, I thought that was what I had to do?

I will change the setting you mentioned (run only when user is logged on) but it didn't work when I pressed run in task scheduler to test. My username is blanked out because I have it set to my actual name? I guess that's a problem?