I lost a 1TB folder... Can it be restored?

I have sent them a message, and I'll probably hear back from them on monday.
I'll let you know how it works out :slight_smile:

I was able to get the beta version to authenticate as well now, by using legacy authentication.

1 Like

I got a response from the Jottacloud developers today. The're telling me the files can't be restored because "the file path is in a state where it's identical with other files". Not sure what this means exactly.

I asked them if they were able to get me a list of all the file paths and filenames, so hopefully I'll still be able to restore the files through search.

That's good. Crossed fingers :crossed_fingers:

to me that sounds like you have a few duplicates. try running dedupe

Running a --dry-run of dedupe didn't find any duplicates.

I got the file path list from Jottacloud today, so now I can begin on the tedious job of individually downloading 500+ files through search on jottacloud.com. Can't think of a good way to automate this.
Thanks to everyone who wanted to help me with this :smiley: Especially @ncw and @gvnex

Jotta has their own Linux cli tool, maybe you can use that?

good suggestion,

the cli supports windows.

Maybe, I'll take a look :slight_smile:

The jotta-cli tool didn't see any directories that rclone weren't already able to access.

However I managed to restore the folder :grin: Turns out the subfolders of the missing folder is still accessible. Doing rclone ls Jottacrypt:/(missing_folder)/(sub-folder)/ showed me the folders' contents.

Hooray! Well dinner for persisting.

Are all the files in subdirectories?

Yes, iirc they are. I was making subdirectories for all the files in that folder right before this problem happened, but I can try experimenting with creating a new folder with the same name and path as the broken/missing one to see if I'm able to fix it that way - after I've reported back to Jottacloud about this.
They said they were planning on fixing the issue that caused this, so they may want the folder to be in this broken state so it can be used to debug the issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.