How to use cache properly?

Hello there,

I installed the latest version of rclone and already set the new cache share. (gdrive>cache>crypt)

i read the documentation, but not to clear to me that what is the right way to mount the crypt share?

if i mount it the old way /usr/bin/rclone mount --read-only --tpslimit 5 --allow-other --acd-templink-threshold 0 --stats 1s --buffer-size 1G --timeout 5s --contimeout 5s --max-read-ahead 1G -vv --log-file=/home/vamp/log/rclone_log Google_gsuite_crypt:/ /home/vamp/google

or new way: /usr/bin/rclone mount --read-only --tpslimit 5 --allow-other --acd-templink-threshold 0 --stats 1s --buffer-size 1G --timeout 5s --contimeout 5s --max-read-ahead 1G **--dir-cache-time 10m --vfs-cache-mode writes** -vv --log-file=/home/vamp/log/rclone_log Google_gsuite_crypt:/ /home/vamp/google

I not found any differences. both way it cache the downloaded file. so my question is, it need the two mount switch or not?

You need the --vfs-cache-mode writes flag if you are writing files into the mount in a way which causes errors without it. You don’t need it to cache downloaded files.

Thanks the answer!

Now i only use this (becaouse it is a read only mount):

/usr/bin/rclone mount --read-only --tpslimit 5 --allow-other --acd-templink-threshold 0 --stats 1s --buffer-size 1G --timeout 5s --contimeout 5s --max-read-ahead 1G -vv --log-file=/home/vamp/log/rclone_log Google_gsuite_crypt:/ /home/vamp/google

and of course i use gdrive>cache>crypt way.