HOW TO: Switch from encfs to rclone crypt

DOH! As soon as I said it I scrolled to the top and saw that you had indeed already documented the process.

Thanks @Ajki

@Ajki can you confirm how I mount the crypt drive. In the encfs setup I had a specific acd directory created that rclone mounted to with the command

rclone mount acd:Plex /home/storage/.acd &

, but when I use the third step from your first post It exits stating that it can’t point crypt remote at itself - check the value of the remote setting.

I tried the following two combinations of your command from step 3

rclone mount --allow-non-empty --allow-other -v --log-file=/home/storage/scripts/logs/cryptmount.log gdrivecrypt: /home/storage/crypt/ &

and…

rclone mount --allow-non-empty --allow-other --log-file=/home/storage/scripts/logs/cryptmount.log gdrivecrypt:Plex /home/storage/crypt &

both fail

First create a crypt mount eg crypt: pointing in some new folder on your cloud eg remote:/encrypted.
You already should have a encfs mount where you see all files in encrypted version and just rclone copy /encfs unencrypted folder/ to crypt:

So far I have created 2 new remotes gdrive and gdrivecrypt in addition to my old acd remote from the encfs configuration

when I run rclone listremotes I get the following

acd:
gdrive:
gdrivecrypt:

I am currently running a copy job from the acd remote to the gdrivecrypt remote. When I use the browser view of drive I can see the Files and folders are being uploaded but its on the server side of things I can’t get the mount script to take.

Am I missing anything?