How to stop conver':'to ':' when upload file to webdav

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

rclone convert ':' to ':' in filenames when i trying to upload files from windows to webdav,which cause error in my remote backend because it does not accept ':', so im looking a way to avoid characters convert by rclone

for example:
when i trying upload 'test_folder/你好:世界.txt', the url what rclone actually put was host/dav/test_folder/你好:世界.txt

I tried to look for the flag to shutdown this feature in rclone, but couldn't find it

what's more: this situation does not appear when i copy a file from local to local or use Raidrive

p.s. not only ":", but also characters like "!?" got converted

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

windows10 1909 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

webdav

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy ./test_folder webdav:

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

2020/04/26 12:31:40 ERROR : 特别按照CV或是社团分集的作品(不全)/妖界/餅よもぎ/RJ163470/[一発やる会](10時間みみせん・方 言・初エッチ・でりへるや)男性経験ゼロ!恋に奥手な方言猫耳っこ ねこみさんの初接客/1.音声/09.まだまだ夜は長いですよね?.wav: Failed to copy: Method Not Allowed: 405 Method Not Allowed
2020/04/26 12:31:41 ERROR : 特别按照CV或是社团分集的作品(不全)/妖界/餅よもぎ/RJ163470/[一発やる会](10時間みみせん・方 言・初エッチ・でりへるや)男性経験ゼロ!恋に奥手な方言猫耳っこ ねこみさんの初接客/1.音声/10.次も期待しちゃいますよ?.wav: Failed to copy: Method Not Allowed: 405 Method Not Allowed
2020/04/26 12:31:41 ERROR : 特别按照CV或是社团分集的作品(不全)/妖界/西浦のどか/RJ172002/音声ファイル/SE付き/0.プロローグ『今日はどちらでヌキヌキされますか?』.mp3: Failed to copy: Method Not Allowed: 405 Method Not Allowed

I would believe it has to do with the UTF-8 conversion that happens if I not mistaken. @ncw could comment more on that part as I generally don't use special characters in names as it creates problems.

this is how i resolv this problem.

In Local Backend , there is some code describe what character will be convert during file name read
rclone/rclone/blob/master/backend/local/local.go#L121
(sorry but i cant input links in my post)

so what i do is disable this code.

it works fine.

obviously it was not the best way to resolv this problem, and maybe will cause some other problems during copy files from other backend to windows.
but it was the fasetest way to resolv it.

A smarter solution is to add convert Settings for webdav backend. but im bad in golang. so i just do it stupidly.

No need to edit the code! Check out the docs here: https://rclone.org/overview/#encoding

You can set the encoding with --local-encoding, so to disable completely try --local-encoding None

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.