How to stop a resumed transfer

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Rclone is still transferring data for what i can only assume to be a "resumed transfer". Using 40/MBs sending data seamlessly nowhere from my eyes.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3-DEV

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Debian Bullseye 64

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Dropbox

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

No commands failing to run, just cant get the old transfer to stop. Trying to stop rclone from doing a previous mounted copy.

Tried killing it, remounting it, rebooting, and i cant stop it from resuming an old tranfer TB's in size. There is not data appearing in the dropbox, i told it to remove that directory, but it is still transferring to seamlessly nowhere regardless.

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[Dropbox]
type = dropbox
token = {"access_token":"removed","token_type":"bearer","expiry":"0001-01-01T00:00:00Z"}

[Encrypted]
type = crypt
remote = Dropbox:Trevor K Smith/Encrypted
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = removed

Is it a mount?
Is a rclone command?

The first you'd stop the mount.
The second you'd kill the command.

The cp command itself is long gone. Confirmed via 'ps aux'. Was CTRL+C yesterday.

Mount has been successfully removed and remounted many times. The transfer does indeed stop when unmounted, but as soon as it becomes mounted, it starts right back up again.

So you have a mount.

What's the mount command?

You cp file to /rclonemount? You want to stop the transfer from completing?

Assuming you used --vfs-cache-mode full then rclone will be resuming the transfer.

What you need to do is stop rclone and delete the file from the vfs cache. You find that with rclone help flags cache-dir - the default for that will tell you where the cache directory is (or maybe you set it explicitly). The file will be under the vfs directory. If it is a big file then rclone ncdu /path/to/cache/dir will find it very quickly and you can delete it from there.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.