How to speed-up opening folders/traversing directories?

No worries, I always found the find command's design confusing (wish it was like grep; and that redundant -name flag)

A ./GD would be relative from your working directory and not work so that's my typo.

That makes sense. I keep my GD in home directory. Probably a bad idea given that it should function as a central repository for all applications.

I checked OVH, they are French, I assume that they have no data cap? Would you recommend them? I looked before at the Scaleway, but never actually tested if they throttle such large accounts.

cool, thanks

yeah, it's almost like a database at this point

I've been with OVH for the past four years without any issues. Speeds have always been consistent, hardware has been running flawlessly. No data caps, yeah. The only downsides are price and location, which in my case means higher latency (coast to coast). That's more of an ISP/backbone peering problem, though. Eventually, I'd like to move the server back in-house, if only to save some money in the long run.

Not sure what you mean by 'such large accounts'. I don't actually host any data with OVH, as my storage with them is only about 900GB total (two NVMe). I do all my work on the box in addition to hosting Plex and Minecraft servers for friends and family.

Oh, ok. I thought for a moment that you stored all those terabytes there.

My particular setup is $92.95 a month. That reminds me I need to contact them to see if I can get a lower price, since the hardware is quite old by today's standards. Moving onto a newer dedi will be tricky, because of the damn Plex metadata :stuck_out_tongue:

(Yes, I should have virtualized everything from the beginning lol)

1 Like

yes, k8s all the way

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.