How to mount an Rclone remote to a mounted SMB share?

Bisync has a new --recover feature in v1.66 designed for exactly this scenario. Read about it here:

See also the new "Graceful Shutdown" feature.

Thanks @asdffdsa for the explanation. :+1:

@nielash Ok, so it seems --recover, --resilient and maybe also --check-access can be integrated in my bisync command line.
For graceful shutdown, I am not sure how to implement it in the background, because it seems only "Ctrl+C" can activate it.

you have to send SIGINT (equivalent of CTRL+C) to rclone process:

$ kill -SIGINT PID

It is something you have to handle yourself if you need it. Your rclone bisync service can record PID in some temp file and then you need a script which sends SIGINT signal when needed.

If your environment is so unstable then of course there is always some chance that things go wrong. For power outage get UPS which will give you opportunity to shutdown all your system gracefully. Network outages should not create much trouble IMO. Of course will leave your data in not fully synchronized state but nothing you can do about unless you design solution with atomic transactions.

All depends what you really need it for. rclone is just CMD tool you have to incorporate into your overall solution.

Thanks @kapitainsky, great!

I will implement $ kill -SIGINT PID in my script.

I already have a good UPS, but the one I got before did have some problems, so I prefer to ensure the maximum I can do. Where I live, the electricity company stops sometimes the power of a neighborhood for climate events, and even if my servers are online, my Internet connection will stop working. So if it happens when a file is synchronized, I want to ensure it will not be corrupted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.