How to efficiently move DIR1/DIR1/* to DIR1/* (Amazon Cloud Drive, Encrypted)

Hello Nick,

Great idea, using the web interface; I checked and it’s actually able to move a directory (along with everything in it) to another directory, including to the “root” directory (which the web interface calls the “All files” directory).

So, here’s the procedure I used to fix my issue, in case anyone else ends up with the same problem:

1. used ‘rclone -v ls ACDE:DIR1’ to determine the encrypted name for DIR1:

2016/10/10 04:38:18 rclone: Version “v1.33” starting with parameters [“rclone” “-v” “ls” “ACDE:DIR1”]
2016/10/10 04:38:26 Encrypted amazon drive root ‘oettrqncmt7hfhunhkrkih7bjs’: Modify window not supported

In the above output, “oettrqncmt7hfhunhkrkih7bjs” is the encrypted name we’re after.

1. used the ACD web interface to rename the “oettrqncmt7hfhunhkrkih7bjs” directory under the “All files” directory to some other name, say “TRASH1”.

2. Then, I clicked on TRASH1 and found the “other” DIR1 inside it (by its encrypted name, which is also “oettrqncmt7hfhunhkrkih7bjs”), selected it, and clicked on “Move” (on the “menu bar” at the bottom of the screen); then, in the directory selection window that opened, I selected the “All files” top directory (which, again, is how the ACD web interface calls the root of the drive) and clicked on the “Move to All files” button at the bottom).

3. Finally, still on the ACD web interface, I clicked back to the “All files” top directory and there I saw the “oettrqncmt7hfhunhkrkih7bjs” directory, and the (now empty) “TRASH1” folder. I clicked on this one and then on “Delete”.

4. Finally, back to the command line: used “rclone lsd ACDE:” and “rclone ls ACDE:DIR1” to check that indeed the DIR1 now is under ACDE with all its files and subdirs.

Cheers,

Durval.

1 Like