How much data do you use on your remote?

Hello guys,

I wasn't sure if it is okay to post something like this on this forum because it is quite off topic.

I am quite curious how much data do you guys store on your remotes ?

(Just asking because I would like to know if there are people with much more usage then me on Google Drive and if everything is still running smoothly. And Google still tolerating it)

I am at "only" 28TB.

Cheers,
Gelsas

You may want to see what you find on search, because I don't think this is the first time the question has been asked.

I'm only at 3,4TB, but I am apparently a fly-weight in this scene. I don't run any huge media library like a lot of people do. I believe I have seen far larger collections than yours, and as long as you adhere to the TOS and are on a legitimate account I wouldn't have much worries.

I got this from an anonymous user a while ago :wink:

rclone-breaks-acd

2 Likes

Sweet merciful raptor jeebus...

r/DataHoarder :laughing:

" You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy . We must be cautious."
-Obi-Wan Kenobi

1 Like

That applies to all of reddit, really :wink:

Indeed - it was from there originally!

I used to be a data hoarder but I'm reformed now.

At least that is what I tell myself :wink:

The wife gets annoyed when the house starts sounding like a datacenter anyway, hence rclone - "rsync for cloud storage"

2 Likes

Exactly! I used to have lots of blinking lights in my "man cave". Then I discovered Gdrive + Rclone :smiley:

...and OVH

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.