How mount on boot for Synology?

ok, good2know....

I made an sftp mount (guessing at default for most options in the rclone config) and pointed to that instead of my ftp one.

It seems to work, so happy days :slight_smile:

i am planning to write a howto/wiki about rclone and synology.

so can you post the redacted output of rclone config show remote?
just change remote to the name of your remote.

Of course, though it only shows this. Is that all the info you were expecting?

--------------------
[sftp]
type = sftp
host = lwxxx.xxxx.me
user = username
pass = *** ENCRYPTED ***
--------------------

actually, no. but i see my mistake.

when the config is first created,
md5sum_command is not added to the config file.

doing rclone lsd still does not add that entry.

need to do a command that would trigger the need for hashsum,
such as rclone copy
or a dummy command rclone check . remote: --include=nonexistentfile

There's every chance I'm doing this wrong, but..... running rclone check remote:/nonexistentfolder told me (amongst a few other things

Command check needs 2 arguments minimum: you provided 1 non flag arguments: ["sftp:/nonexistentfolder"]

but putting a space between remote: /nonexistentfolder (not sure if that was right?)
gave me a pretty huge report of some kind, almost all of which start with 2022/01/04 17:17:55 ERROR :
Running the rclone config show remote after that, then gave me slightly different output

--------------------
[sftp]
type = sftp
host = lwxxx.xxxx.me
user = username
pass = *** ENCRYPTED ***
md5sum_command = md5sum
sha1sum_command = sha1sum
--------------------

Assuming that's wrong, if you can let me know where I've gone wrong typing, I can keep trying.

that is good, and your seedbox supports transfer verification using md5, so that is an added bonus over ftp.

ok, i have what i need, to start a howto/wiki for rclone+synology.

• basic usage
  • rclone mount, i already had on-demand mount working.
    never tried at boot time, but based on your testing, i have what i need.
  • share a rclone mount using synology shared folder, over lan, or over internet using tailscale or vpn via router.
  • run a media server, such as emby, on the synbox, using the rclone mount.
  • any other ideas you might suggest?

Looks good to me. I think my use is actually quite unusual.

Most people that I know of want to use rclone to connect to a cloud storage system like gdrive, so would you steer the guide towards that I'd think?

For me, I wanted all my apps (Sonarr/Radarr/Prowlarr/SABNZBd/Plex locally, but wanted my torrent client on a remote seedbox, but for Sonarr/Radarr to be able to pick up any torrents that were grabbed on the seedbox, locally on the NAS, which is what rclone (sftp) is now doing for me. (I had to use remote mapping inside Sonarr/Radarr for this).

Let me know if you need anything else of course.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.