How can I add empty folders to be cached first?

I have rclone v1.53.2 on Ubuntu 18.04

I would like to know if it's possible to to cache empty folders. Right now with my current settings folders are only created in the /home/rclonecache if there are files inside those folders to be cached.

ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount Google: /home/files --allow-non-empty \
          --allow-other \
          --cache-dir /home/rclonecache \
          --vfs-read-chunk-size 512M \
          --vfs-cache-mode full

What do I need to add so all folders will be cached before synced to my Google drive?

You really don't want that as it allows for over mounting and hiding things.

I'm probably just not understanding, but why would you want to cache and empty folder? There's nothing to cache since it is empty.

Would disabling --allow-non-empty cause issues with hidden folders?

The reason why is because without caching files/folders with Google drive limit of 2 files/folders being created per second it's causing timeout errors.

Allow non empty allows you to mount on a directory that has existing files in it, which is 99.9% of the time is bad as you've now hidden those files and can't see them.

Things should retry as without a log, it's just a guessing game to what the issue is.

If you want the VFS cache to know about the empty folders you'll have to use the rc to call vfs/refresh - this will then cause rclone to know about all the empty folders and the directory structure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.