Help with windows mount

Hi,

So I am wondering what happened with my windows mount. Everything was working perfectly until yesterday and this morning, I can not read my rclone mounted files anymore with a windows error "Windows cannot access X:\movies\ etc. .mkv" file. "Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise there might be a problem with your network" etc.

Plex cannot access them either. But funnily, windows can still copy them from the mount flawlessly oO.

Nothing has changed in my config, running latest 1.52.2 version of rclone on windows 10 64 bits.
NOTHING has changed at all ! Files just cannot be played anymore but system access to them is still working.

For my mount I use nssm

mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 1000h --log-level NOTICE --log-file rclone.log --vfs-cache-max-size=100G --drive-chunk-size=32M --buffer-size=64M --vfs-cache-mode writes mountpoint: X: --config "C:\rclone\rclone.conf"

The logs show nothing when windows refuses to play a file.
I am at a loss at what happened there.
Restarting did not help.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

windows 10 64bits

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google drive

Windows can not play the files directly but now plex can access them again after yet another restart, i would say this is all a windows issue, it is very frustrating all the same argh.

Have you tried running a bat file with the commands instead of typing them into nssm as arguments?
If that works you can run nssm with the bat file, i have had nssm mess up when typing commands in the argument field.

edit: or run them in a cmd window and see if that works too

My message was going to be longer but these arguments work with nssm and rclone was working perfectly like that before.

But if i use the exact same command in an elevated batch, the X: drive does not get mounted, I am not very familiar with batch syntax so i just left it at that with nssm the day i migrated, which is so easy for a service.

hello,

--allow-other does nothing on windows.
to understand what is goin gon, change the log level to DEBUG

perhaps run the command as system user, then for sure, all processes will see the mount.

Great articles thanks for sharing this awesome blogs

welcome to the forum and thanks.

if you need any help, let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.