I'm new to Rclone and I'm still learning it. I did try to search the forum for help with this, but I couldn't find any relevant posts from other users.
I'm using the current latest release of Rclone on Windows Server 2019 and I'm attempting to download a backup of all the photos on my Google Photos account. I tried using this command to download everything:
rclone sync GooglePhotos:media/all M:\Media\Photos\ -P
Most of the photos download to the correct folder, but some do not and this command produces a bunch of errors about duplicate file names. In my research, I found out that this is a pretty common problem with Google Photos. So, to deal with that, I used the following command to attempt to rename all files to unique values:
rclone dedupe rename GooglePhotos:media/all
This eventually completes without issue, but it doesn't resolve the duplicate file name issue my sync command produces. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.