Help with debugging high API Usage

First: i use Rclone in combination with Plexdrive sinde 2 years. I never got in trouble. In the last 3 Month i uploaded just a few new files and in the past 3 days nothing.
since 19.1 I got some API soft bans every day. After some days of searching i found this:

and this:

i can read 3 Things out of this graphs:

• The problem is the drive.file.update method
  • if the traffic for the metod high the errors are low
  • the errors are cleared at 5 PM and begin at 1 AM every day.

I don't think i hit that 1k/100sek querry limit:

(at that 2 peaks i deledet 2 folders with files manually)

any hints what can i do next? I really don't know where else to look.
What operations are use this update methode?
BTW i can download the files anytime. There is no restriction. But uploads only work from 5PM.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

There is always some confusion about Google and API / quota issues. You don't get banned for anything on Google barring having your account removed.

There are API quota per seconds as you can see in the dashboard and they have per second limits. Worse here is you get a 403 error and Google tells you to slow down and rclone slows down. No harm, no foul.

You have a daily download and upload quota that goes about 24 hours and is documented at 10TB download and 750GB upload. If you hit those, you also see similar 403 errors but if you check the body of the response, they are different. Again, no harm, no foul as it resets on a daily basis.

file.create and file.update are usually related to the upload quota so it seems you have uploads going on or something happening in regards to files being changed. You'd need to put the mount in debug (-vv) and share a log and I'm sure we can help figure it out.

ok. i'm dump. i found the issue.
there was 2 files with wrong permissions and rclone try to upload and upload it again but can't remove ist.
so i got into that trouble.

it can be closed. thanks. anyway.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.