Help required newbie

What is the problem you are having with rclone? ok iam sorry iam new to this so please be gentle

having installed it yesterday i have installed it for google drive on my win 10 64bit machine i have successfully created 2 drive a normal drive and a encrypted drive what i have found is when mounting the encrypted drive and use the command rclone mount gdrivec: b: everything is fine but i cant copy any files without getting a vbs cache error so i use
rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full gdrivec: b:
or rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode minimal gdrivec: b:
it mounts but straight away it takes almost all my upload speed away i only have 110 upload and its taking around 80 just upon mounting looking at the taskmanager and if i try uploading anything whilst its mounted its litterly down to a snails pace is there any reason why it would be doing this ?

if i just type rclone mount gdrivec: b: then it shows 0
so is this normal?
am i just supposed to use the cache command to upload then switch to the command above ?

any help i would be greatful also if you could answer any commands so it easy to understand as iam not used to cmd

also one last question what command do i enter to mount 2 drives at the same time ?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.rclone -v1.62.2

Are you on the latest version of rclone? You can validate by checking the version listed here: Rclone downloads yes
-->

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive) google drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Paste command here

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Paste config here

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Paste  log here

hello and welcome to the forum,

first, need to use a debug log file, to understand what rclone is doing. use something like this:
--log-level=DEBUG --log-file=c:/path/to/rclone.log

when rclone starts, it looks in the cache.
if there are any files that need to be uploaded, rclone does that.

and if wanted, set bandwidth limits
https://rclone.org/docs/#bwlimit-bandwidth-spec
https://rclone.org/docs/#bwlimit-file-bandwidth-spec

yes, if you want output, add -v or -vv

there are a few ways to do that. this example might be the simplest.
https://forum.rclone.org/t/i-have-a-question-about-windows-mount/37957

ok how do i enter --log-level=DEBUG --log-file=c:/path/to/rclone.log because if i enter it just on its own it says not reconized command

if i enter as rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full gdrivec: b: --log-level=DEBUG --log-file=c:/path/to/rclone.log

it says failec to open c:/to/path/rclone.log the system cant find the path specified

do you have such path on your system?

c:/to/path/

if not then you have to create it beforehand. Or use other existing path.

ok thanks i have managed to sort it now i uninstalled winfsp and reinstalled i think it was trying to upload files still as i added like 500gb at once and i wanted to stop it i was trying to delete the folders but they kept reappearing upon a new connection perhaps if you dont mind what command would i use to stop it uploading ? as i persume it goes into cache and its trying to carry on uploading whats in the cache many thanks

also

Maybe just do not try to add 500GB at once? rclone does what you tell it to do.

sorry, i was not clearer.
that was an example, need to change that path to an existing path on your your system

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.