Help - Mount GDrive in the Seedbox

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I am trying to mount my googledrive in the seedbox, but after the command "mount", the mountpoint folder (gdrive) disappear from the seedbox folder menu. The mountpoint folder (gdrive) still there (~/rtorrent/download/gdrive/) with the all files mounted, but I can´t select it through the seedbox folder menu. What´s wrong with my command?

Pasta gdrive ok

Pasta gdrive sumiu

Pasta gdrive ok no FileManager

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: linux/arm
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu Server 16.04 Xenial Xerus 32 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount gdsmkn2: ~/rtorrent/download/gdrive/

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdsmkn2]
type = drive
client_id = XXX
scope = drive
token = XXX
root_folder_id = XXX

A log from the command with the -vv flag

kdantas@ns3767732:/$ rclone mount gdsmkn2: ~/rtorrent/download/gdrive/ -vv
2020/06/01 01:25:47 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "gdsmkn2:" "/home/kdantas/rtorrent/download/gdrive/" "-vv"]
2020/06/01 01:25:47 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/kdantas/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2020/06/01 01:25:47 DEBUG : Google drive root '': Mounting on "/home/kdantas/rtorrent/download/gdrive/"
2020/06/01 01:25:48 DEBUG : Adding path "vfs/forget" to remote control registry
2020/06/01 01:25:48 DEBUG : Adding path "vfs/refresh" to remote control registry
2020/06/01 01:25:48 DEBUG : Adding path "vfs/poll-interval" to remote control registry
2020/06/01 01:25:48 DEBUG : : Root:
2020/06/01 01:25:48 DEBUG : : >Root: node=/, err=<nil>
2020/06/01 01:26:48 DEBUG : Google drive root '': Checking for changes on remote
2020/06/01 01:27:48 DEBUG : Google drive root '': Checking for changes on remote
^C2020/06/01 01:28:44 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.51.0" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "gdsmkn2:" "/home/kdantas/rtorrent/download/gdrive/" "-vv"]

It's highly likely you are either missing the permission to mount to the folder or the user your seedbox is using doesn't have permission to access the folder.
Are you running that command from an ssh session?

Yes, I am running the command from an ssh session. But the googledrive is mounted in the gdrive folder. The question is... The folder gdrive showing in the picture disappear from Directory Menu of the Seedbox after command rclone mount. Would be necessary any change in the rclone mount command or any other system settings?

Well, for starters, if you close your ssh session, the mount will stop.

For example, the command I use to mount my remote is:
rclone mount --allow-other --vfs-cache-mode off --daemon gsuite: /home/pi/gsuite
--allow-other allows users besides the one running the command to access the mount.
--vfs-cache-mode off disables caching for read and write operations on the remote.
--daemon makes it so the mount command is run on the background, allowing you to safely closing your SSH session with out unmounting the remote.
gsuite: is my remote name and /home/pi/gsuite is the folder where I'm mounting the remote.

Hi, I solved the problem. It was necessary to edit the fuse.conf file and include the following line: user_allow_other. Now I can see the gdrive folder in the Seedbox Directory Menu. I use the command screen for keep the command rclone mount running in background. About the flag --daemon, what do you do to stop the command rclone mount running in background? In my case, for stop the command screen and the rclone mount running in background, I use CTRL+C.

fusermount -u /path/to/mount

Hi @Bruno, what is your client torrent? Do you seed from seedbox to gdrive?

I'm running Sonarr, Radarr and Lidarr. These all download onto a 1TB external HDD. When the download is finished and seeding ratio is at 2 or idle time is over 10 minutes, torrent is removed and the files are moved to gdrive.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.