Hard disk full with writing

Speed, I suppose? No need for mirror/parity, and you want to use the full size.

raid0 is for the speed of writing and reading dictated on the 2 disks. To answer the question of the reinitialization, no time limit I take the google quota just with the tv series, I have 35 to total

what is the use-case?
is it software raid or hardware raid?
have you tested one sdd versus ssd raid0?

this is windows 10 machine

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-raid-benchmark,3485-4.html
"At the low queue depths you normally encounter in a desktop environment, all of these configurations perform fairly similarly. In fact, the striped setups are even a bit slower than single drives"

"It's only a shame that this is very atypical of any desktop workload, so you won't see it unless you take the 840 Pros into a more enterprise application."

"As a result, the performance differences are far less pronounced in the real world."

35 should go fairly quickly...

...and when I say quickly, I mean days instead of weeks :wink:

When I have too much transcoding on my server emby the disk saturates and it causes pauses, that's why I try the raid 0

ok, so the raid0 did make a real, tested difference for transcoding?
not a cpu/memory issue?

I cannot imagine you hit the limits of your SSDs with transcoding. If anything, you saturate your CPU, unless you use hardware transcoding.

I use two NVMe's for transcoding, and they never even break a sweat.

with emby I put the transcoding on my video card but it creates traffic on the hard drive

this is precisely the cause of the test that I am doing, I was in raid1 and the only track of the breaks caused was the saturation of the ssd. I have a super nvidia 1660

I don't have any experience with Emby, but imagine it to work similarly to Plex. When transcoding, it creates a buffer on the server, the length of which you can define in seconds. The longer the buffer, the more space it takes up on the hard drive. That buffer can, of course, only be read as quickly as your client's (and server's) internet or network connection (at the top end). That's why I'm saying there is no way it has an impact on your SSDs, unless you have dozens of transcodes at the same time.

1 Like

I could not say, but in raid1 the capacity of the hard drive is divided into 2. only thing I can confirm is that the hard drive even in raid0 is easily 100% I do not know the impact that it can have honestly

I finally tested in raid0 and the difference was not significant, because again we are talking about raid that creates more data processing. So I left in single disc and it looks more promising. The scan is started with the start command C: \ rclone \ rclone mount Gcrypt: y: --rc --cache-dir = C: \ rclone \ cache --attr-timeout 1000h --dir-cache-time 1000h - poll-interval 0 --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 100G --user-agent = "ams"
timeout / t 60
C: \ rclone \ rclone rc vfs / refresh recursive = true --timeout 30m and if I don't reach the quota limit google will end today. Regarding my internet speed I have 500 fiber :slight_smile:

Small question, in my following rclone boot: C: \ rclone \ rclone mount Gcrypt: y: --rc --cache-dir = C: \ rclone \ cache --attr-timeout 1000h --dir-cache-time 1000h - -poll-interval 0 --read-only --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 100G --user-agent = "ams"
timeout / t 60
C: \ rclone \ rclone rc vfs / refresh recursive = true --timeout 30m. Do I absolutely need to put -rc at the start if I don't need to access remotely, But will I still have the * cache * function that you explained to me for the faster access to folder and file leaving C: \ rclone \ rclone rc vfs / refresh recursive = true --timeout 30m at the end?

Thank you!

yes, but it is --rc, not -rc

when posting a command, use a backtick before and after the command
it will look like this
C:\rclone\rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --timeout 30m
not like
C: \ rclone \ rclone rc vfs / refresh recursive = true --timeout 30m

Yes of course, I don't know why it came out like that!

hi guys, everything seems fine with these settings: rclone mount Gcrypt: y: --cache-dir = C: \ rclone \ cache --attr-timeout 1000h --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 0 --vfs-cache-mode full --user-agent = "ams"
timeout / t 60
C: \ rclone \ rclone rc vfs / refresh recursive = true --timeout 30m

I only need more help. When I send my files from another computer to the cloud. It does not appear on my other pc which is my Emby server until I restart the command prompt.

Thanks for your help!

That's because you've disabled the poll interval so no changes would ever happen unless you restarted it..

--poll-interval duration                 Time to wait between polling for changes. Must be smaller than dir-cache-time. Only on supported remotes. Set to 0 to disable. (default 1m0s)

I'm not sure I understand what exactly I should put in --dir-cache-time 1000h --poll-interval 0

If you aren't sure what something does, best to remove it and just use the default.

So just remove poll interval and use the default value.

If I don't need the cache but only used what you said above about the (cache) which doesn't take space disk, would I just keep that?

rclone mount Gcrypt: y: --vfs-cache-mode full --user-agent="ams"
timeout /t 60

or i will try that:
rclone mount Gcrypt: y: --cache-dir=C:\rclone\cache --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 100G --user-agent="ams"
timeout /t 60