Googleapi: Error 400: metadata

Hello, new to rclone, did some searching and couldn’t find the answer.

running rclone sync /path/to/folder/ mygooglecloud:path/to/folder/ gets me the following error for some files:

2017/08/25 16:27:30 Finances/Statements_Bills/blablabla.pdf: Failed to copy: googleapi: Error 400: Content-Type specified in the upload (application/octet-stream) does not match Content-Type specified in metadata (application/pdf). If it was a simple upload (uploadType=media), the Content-Type was specified as a bare header. If it was a multipart upload (uploadType=multipart), then the Content-Type was specified in the second part of the multipart. If it was a resumable upload (uploadType=resumable), then the Content-Type was specified with the X-Upload-Content-Type header with the start of the resumable session. For more information, see https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/json_api/v1/how-tos/upload., invalid

2017/08/25 16:29:06 Docs/Wedding/blablabla.docx: Failed to copy: googleapi: Error 400: Content-Type specified in the upload (application/zip) does not match Content-Type specified in metadata (application/octet-stream). If it was a simple upload (uploadType=media), the Content-Type was specified as a bare header. If it was a multipart upload (uploadType=multipart), then the Content-Type was specified in the second part of the multipart. If it was a resumable upload (uploadType=resumable), then the Content-Type was specified with the X-Upload-Content-Type header with the start of the resumable session. For more information, see https://cloud.google.com/storage/docs/json_api/v1/how-tos/upload., invalid

Other files upload just fine without error.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello warriorcookie,

This looks like a bug. What version are you using? On what OS? Have you tried to reproduce the problem with the latest beta? Also, try and produce a “verbose log” version by inserting “-v -v --log-file rclone.log” and then uploading that file somewhere we can see.

Cheers,
– Durval.

I’m on FreeBSD, and was using an old version from pkg (1.33). I removed and installed 1.37 and all seems fine now.

I’ve switched to Backblaze though…

Thanks for the help.