Google Drive Transfer Data Integrity Verification

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

This isn't really a problem; more of a question
I have an college GSuite account whose unlimited storage is likely going away in a few weeks. I've signed up for a Google Workspace Enterprise Standard account. I created a few shared drives and am currently transferring over my data.

**My questions are: **
1) Once the transfers are complete, do I need to manually verify checksums on both source and destination data to confirm that the data transfer was done properly?
2) If rclone copy operations have some inbuilt data integrity verification feature, what is the nature of it (i.e. does rclone just check for same file size/timestamp or does it actually compare MD5 etc. sums)?

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

(Yes, the rclone version is the latest, as of the time of posting)

rclone v1.58.0

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19044.1645 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.17.8
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy "source:path/to/data" "destination:path/to/data" --checkers=2 --transfers=1 --drive-chunk-size 256M --bwlimit 8.5M -P 

You don't need to as rclone verifies the checksums as it goes along. I would though as I like to know my data is intact.

Rclone will compare checksums if at all possible. With the transfer you did, it will compare the MD5 on the source with the MD5 on the destination after upload (as well as the size).

If you run a final rclone check then rclone will compare all the sizes/MD5SUMs in the two file trees and report any discrepancies.

hi,
might want to use --drive-server-side-across-configs

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.