[Google Drive] RClone only copies the shortcut, not the actual file

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Files that can't be downloaded normally can't be copied either - copying through server side only copies the shortcut, not the actual file.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.56.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

W10, 64-bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone -vv copy --drive-server-side-across-configs "GDrive_P:/High Volume Recipe Book - Scott Murray Fitness.pdf" GDrive:/

The problem file is here.

hello,

based on the docs, that is how server-side copy works with shortcuts
https://rclone.org/drive/#shortcuts
"When server-side copying the shortcut is copied, not the contents of the shortcut."

i was not able to download the file.
rclone backend copyid gdrive: 1_QG1ISQuvoMA0PXwZm1X8szW1E5CtxRI C:\path\to\local\folder\

I haven't been keeping up to date with RClone, but is there any way to copy/download a similar file? I was under the impression that once copied, the file would be downloadable.

if your gdrive account lacks the permission to download the file, then rclone cannot download it.

if you try the command i shared, you would see.
copy failed: failed to open source object: open file failed: googleapi: Error 403: This file cannot be downloaded by the user., cannotDownloadFile

i tried to trick gdrive by trying to print the file as a pdf, but gdrive is not allowing that...

and if you look at the details tab

I see - so this is different from the typical file that just had too many downloads. Interesting, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.