Google Drive copy, "no such file or directory" but it's obviosuly there

Hi,

I've been copying from an external harddrive mounted on a Mac for many days now. Over 3TB successfully uploaded. For some reason though I seem to have hit an issue with some files. I get the following error for some of the files which immediately aborts my copy command.

2020/08/10 18:27:28 Failed to copy with 3 errors: last error was: lstat /Volumes/extern1/Name/Names pictures/FOLDER/FOLDER 2018/18.09.29 NAME - Another name Names Names/_MG_1272.CR2: no such file or directory

The file is clearly visible an accessible on the mounted harddrive if i manually run "ls" on that folder. On Google Drive however it is missing (as it tries to transfer it, but obv fail because it can't find a file that's clearly there).

Other files have synced to this folder with the same name except for the number in the picture. Eg _MG_1273.CR2 might have copied but not _MG_1272.CR2. This should rule out any issues with the path/file names.

This to me seems very strange as I have already synced TB of photos and files.

Any suggestions on what could cause this?

hello and welcome to the forum,

when you posted, you were asked to provide information......

I mean, my description wasn't really "provide information........." worthy? But here we go.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Mac OS already stated.

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive already stated.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

A copy to google drive already stated.

rclone copy /Volumes/extern1 REMOTE

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

The most vanilla config you can have.

[mydrive]
type = drive
client_id = XXXXXXXXX
client_secret = XXXXXXXXXXX
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"XXXXXXX","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"XXXXXXXX","expiry":"2020-08-10T19:48:51.942902+02:00"}
root_folder_id = XXXXXXXXXX

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Already provided. Have looked through the log, honestly can't find anything more than this interesting.

2020/08/10 18:27:28 Failed to copy with 3 errors: last error was: lstat /Volumes/extern1/Name/Names pictures/FOLDER/FOLDER 2018/18.09.29 NAME - Another name Names Names/_MG_1272.CR2: no such file or directory

Okay, so after 1.5 hours of trying and reading logs and rebooting and reconnecting drives it suddenly seems to actually progress again..

Changed literally nothing and the disk was mounted and accessible the entire time with several remounts/reconnections/restarts/power resets.

Now the question is. Apples fault for crappy OS or is there a bug in Rclone?

well,
glad the problem got solved.

hopefully is will not happen again.
but if it does, post a complete debug log.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.