Google Drive copy (didn't find section in config file)

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I want to transfer Google Drive files to a new account from a locked down edu account. I am stuck at the final copy command (using directions I found). It gets the code from Google APIs but I fail to copy. The error I get is "didn't find section in config file". Note: for this example, the shared folder containing the files I want to migrate is called "KEK" and the destination folder is called "name".

I want to copy files from a shared folder (I cannot make myself owner on new acct) to an account who is not the owner of the folder (ie. between domains). I recognize this is probably an easy solution, but I am unable to figure out the proper formatting or what I'm missing as a n00b.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.3

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64-bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy woe:"KEK" KEK:"name"

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[jef]
type = drive
client_id = ????.apps.googleusercontent.com
client_secret = ???
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"","expiry":"2020-12-17T18:12:42.4798845-05:00"}
team_drive = ?????
root_folder_id = 

[woe]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"???","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"???","expiry":"2020-12-17T18:30:01.9152138-05:00"}

A log from the command with the -vv flag

2020/12/17 17:40:23 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.53.3" starting with parameters ["rclone" "copy" "woe:KEK" "KEK:name" "-vv"]
2020/12/17 17:40:23 DEBUG : Using config file from "C:\\Users\\joe11\\.config\\rclone\\rclone.conf"
2020/12/17 17:40:23 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "woe:KEK"
2020/12/17 17:40:24 DEBUG : Google drive root 'KEK': root_folder_id = "0AHkI0LuYBJz0Uk9PVA" - save this in the config to speed up startup
2020/12/17 17:40:24 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "KEK:name"
2020/12/17 17:40:24 Failed to create file system for "KEK:name": didn't find section in config file

hello and welcome to the forum,
the rclone command needs to use a remote that is in that config file
KEK is not in that config file.

what exactly do I need to add to make it recognize KEK?

what exactly is KEK, as you use it twice?

• woe:"KEK"
  • KEK:"name"

I got bad syntax (or misunderstood). They represent the same thing.
KEK is the folder I want to copy to this account (source), which is a shared folder owned by the edu account. Name is the destination folder.

so KEK is the dest?
if so, then you need a remote for it, same as jef and woe

and if you are copying between two google accounts, then you would want to use this
https://rclone.org/drive/#drive-server-side-across-configs

I have made a remote authorized to the edu account. What do I need to do to associate the remote with the shared folder?

i would make sure the remotes point to what you want.
rclone ls remote:, change remote: to the name of the remote from your config file.

It successfully printed the filenames in my personal drive. Is it accessing shared folders as well as what's under "my drive"?
I do want to copy everything from the account rather than just the shared folder, if possible.

well, rclone ls and/or rclone lsd will show you you have access to.

if you have permission to the entire account, then rclone can copy it.

I have confirmed they are configured to the proper directories/accounts, but I got the error:

Error: unknown flag: --drive-serverside-across-configs

upon running:

rclone copy edu:/ education:/ --drive-serverside-across-configs --create-empty-src-dirs

You have a typo in the flag:

use this
--drive-server-side-across-configs

LOL thank you. Upon running the command, I am getting a bunch of "duplicate directory found in source - ignoring" messages; what does this mean?

If you post the message, I'm sure we can assist.

2020/12/17 19:27:33 NOTICE: Pictures and Videos/Videos/Recorded Games/Shadowplay/Project64 2.1: Duplicate directory found in source - ignoring

2020/12/17 19:27:23 NOTICE: Pictures and Videos/Videos/Movies/folder/Subs/Spanish.srt: Duplicate object found in source - ignoring

I can see folders and content populating on the new account. If it is just skipping truly duplicate files then that's fine. After looking it up, it seems that is the case. I should be fine in that situation. Will update once the command finishes.

only remaining question is, what do I need to do from here? Move the files from the shared drive into "my drive" on the new account?

also: Error 403: User rate limit exceeded., userRateLimitExceeded

on a particularly large zip file. Do I need to restart the command? Am I hitting the 750 GB/day limit?

Google is an odd remote as it allows for duplicate file name/folders in the same spot. Rclone since it works with many remote and used a lot of OS file systems does not work with that.

You can choose to rclone dedupe the source and go through the process to rename things so you don't have to those duplicates and move everything over or it would miss things.

With no context, it's hard to tell. 403s are when you hit the API hard and it backs off. 403s are when you hit an upload limit. 403s are when you hit a download limit. 403s are used a lot so you'd have to share more details on what's going on around it and what the actual error is.

Well, the first error I got was for a 257 GB .zip file. Not sure what other details I could provide.

2020/12/17 19:50:16 ERROR : KEK/zip/big.zip: Failed to copy: googleapi: Error 403: User rate limit exceeded., userRateLimitExceeded

I can't answer anything with a snippet or one line as it needs more context around.

The more log file and actual details you provide, the easier the process is.

The more snippets or pieces of information, the more we go back and forth.

One line could be hitting an upload limit. One line could be an API issue that resumes as it depends on what's before / after it.