General questions

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Reference of past post

Not trying to beat a dead horse but. I saw @asdffdsa You mentioned mounting into folders instead of a full drive? I have my drive's linked to specific "mount/drive" points being drive letters https://i.imgur.com/RaRoBll.png. Was wondering if it would just be more efficient to mount them directly into folders for radarr/sonarr under "C:.Mount Points"? I'm also using nssm to run rclone mounts as a service upon boot, pain to reconfigure if I reinstall windows though, Didn't really find any other solution for mounting as a hidden window on start without a chance of accidently alt/win+tab'ing into it: https://i.imgur.com/Jx7F84h.png

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.54.1

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.8

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Above ^ windows/amd64 workstation pro

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount --file-perms 0777 --vfs-cache-mode writes --vfs-cache-max-age 45m --vfs-write-back 5s --volname "GDrive - Media Library" Media:/ Z: --config=C:\Users\PC\.config\rclone\rclone.conf

rclone mount --file-perms 0777 --vfs-cache-mode writes --vfs-cache-max-age 7h45m --vfs-write-back 3m Backups:/ h: --volname "Drive" --config=C:\Users\PC\.config\rclone\rclone.conf
pause

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[GDrive-root]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = 
team_drive = 
client_id = 
client_secret = 
root_folder_id = 

[MediaDrive-root]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = 
team_drive = 
client_id = 
client_secret = 
root_folder_id = 

[GDrive]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
scope = drive
token = 
team_drive = 
acknowledge_abuse = true
server_side_across_configs = true
skip_shortcuts = false
drive-stop-on-upload-limit=true

[MediaDrive]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
scope = drivetoken = 
team_drive = 
acknowledge_abuse = true
skip_shortcuts = false
root_folder_id = 

[Backups]
type = crypt
remote = GDrive:/Backups
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = false
password = 
password2 = 
acknowledge_abuse = true
skip_shortcuts = false

[Media]
type = crypt
remote = MediaDrive:/
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = false
password = 
password2 = 
acknowledge_abuse = true
skip_shortcuts = false

A log from the command with the -vv flag

No log, general question's.

hello and welcome to the forum

as a half-monkey, half-human, living in a mutualistic symbiotic relationship, we do not approve of that phrase :wink:

if you have a setup that works, no need to switch to folders.

i use windows task scheduler, notice the checkbox hidden

and if you want to test the task, without having to reboot, the task can be run on demand on the command line.
schtasks.exe /run /tn "rclonemount"

tasks can be exported and imported

and if you want to have an icon on the desktop, create a shortcut like so.

Just noting that what makes your scheduled task run hidden in background is that it is running under the system account.

That is quite a misleading option (from Microsofts part). It is actually just for hiding the task from being listed within the task scheduler user interface - unless option View > Show Hidden Tasks is enabled.

if a task is run like so, it is hidden in the way that the OP wanted.

of course, running the task as system user, also, hides rclone.exe

Let me try to do it! I used to have problems running batch files in task scheduler for the longest time.

My point was mainly that the hidden checkbox does not make it run hidden :dizzy_face:

Sure, for tasks run as regular/interactive user accounts, Run whether user is logged on or not will make it run hidden. But the Run with highest privileges will make rclone run elevated, does not that make the mount kind of useless as described here?

Also, on my computer processes always runs elevated when started from scheduled tasks with Run whether user is logged on or not option set, regardless of Run with highest privileges, which is confusing and annoying. This means to run rclone mount from scheduled task I either have to run it as system account, which makes the console window hidden and the mount accessible to all users, or run it with only when user is logged on, which makes it accessible to only me but does not hide the console window. Not sure if this is Windows version specific behavior and/or installation specific policy configuration or something..

another very easy way to hide a runnning program is to use
NirCmd Command Reference - exec

for example,
nircmd exec hide "rclone" mount %source% %mountpoint%

I always run my mounting and backups as admin. because they interact with system folders regularly due to the nature of what im backing up and using.

seems like its not wanting to find the task.

need to specify the full path
schtasks.exe /run /tn "rclone\rclonemount"

if you want to run a command as system user, you can use psexec, which can be download from the internet

set cmdfile=mount.driveletter.cmd
psexec -i -s "%cmdfile%"

I see, well task scheduler works! It creates only the rclone process from what I can see, so that's 2 less process running for me. + its easier then fiddling with making a bat file that I have to force run every reinstall.

• easier to edit the actual mount command instead of fishing through the registry to find the service. The way I was doing it before was just silly... + had to keep same password for importing, then go into the service itself and rename/reconfigure login details as running from system caused me problems. but from what I can see running it as system from task manager as elevated solved the issue with no access.

oh, running it as system normally without psexec isnt causing any weird issues from what im looking at now. Don't know if it will still interact the same though. but let me see if would help.

if you use task scheduler, no need to psexec - just giving you more options.

Ah okay, and well I don't know if its possible due to how rclone handles lines on bat files but. Is it possible to mount more then one mount at a time in one bat file or do I have to do multiple? I've tried in the past and it only manages to mount one drive and not them all.

better to copy/paste the text into the post, not hard to read teeny tiny screen shots, ok.

start mount ....
start mount ....

Start - Start a program - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Sorry I'm used to it auto re-sizeing.

So for example:

start /b /min rclone mount --file-perms 0777 --vfs-cache-mode writes --vfs-cache-max-age 45m --vfs-write-back 5s --volname "GDrive - Media Library" Media:/ B: --config=C:\Users\PC\.config\rclone\rclone.conf

start /b /min rclone mount --file-perms 0777 --vfs-cache-mode writes --vfs-cache-max-age 45m --vfs-write-back 5s --volname "GDrive - Media Library" Media:/ M: --config=C:\Users\PC\.config\rclone\rclone.conf

Does rclone have a silent mode for /s capabilities (similar to run command)? only solution is /B and /min for now.

start nircmd exec hide "rclone" mount ....

rclone --no-console mount ...

both yours and albertony's work correctly. Only other questions I had was; 1. should I clean my mount script / config up at all in your opinion? And 2. I have the first 2 mounts strictly for cleaning up deleted files that are changed via sync commands. Would there be a better way to go about this, or would this still be the proper way, as I do see it fails to clean up some .temp folders from time to time.

rclone delete GDrive-root: --drive-trashed-only --drive-use-trash=false -v --ignore-case --log-file "C:\Users\PC\.rclone\Log Files\Cleanup-GDrive.log"
rclone delete MediaDrive-root: --drive-trashed-only --drive-use-trash=false -v --fast-list --ignore-case --log-file "C:\Users\PC\.rclone\Log Files\Cleanup-MediaDrive.log"

i do not use gdrive and not sure what you are asking.
you want to empty the files in the trash?
Google drive

no idea why, as you are not using debug logs....