GDrive / Plex stability issues - Help needed

Hi Everyone,

first of all, thanks to all the busy guys out there because the advice given here has helped me a lot in getting my installation running pretty well and solid.

However, there is one last issue right now that needs to be tackled but it seems to be a tough one.

My media library is stored on GDrive. I don’t use cache anymore for accessing my data and this works absolutely great for a couple of weeks now without bans or other issues.

The mount command looks like this:

rclone mount gdrive_crypt:/ q: --allow-other --bind XXX --buffer-size 1G --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 32M --fast-list --log-level INFO --log-file rclone-mount.log --vfs-read-chunk-size 128M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off --config “c:\tools\rclone\rclone.conf”

Traffic runs through an instance of Caddy.

The client is a NVIDEA Shield. I first used the native player for Android TV boxes but switched to Kodi recently, hoping this would help me solve the issue i am still having - but with no success.

The issue i am experiencing is, that playback stops (no buffering!) and the player closes after a while, going back to Plex or attempting to play the next episode. So it looks like a connection has been closed for the stream and Plex assumes the stream has properly ended.

No matter which log file i am looking for trace back, neither rclone nor Caddy or Plex logs are showing any relevant lines.

I also cannot say that it always happens after a defined period of time. I can watch a whole movie without this happening once and watch a TV show afterwards where playback stops three times.

I am posting this here because when i am watching media from a local hard drive, i never experienced this issue, which makes me believe that it must have to do something with the rclone remote settings and / or Plex dealing with media provided on rclone remotes.

Maybe someone has an idea how to find out where the issue actually happens.